Catarman is the capital of Northern Samar, in the Eastern Visayas, Philippines. It is on the northern coast of Samar Island. It is the commercial, educational, financial, political and government center of the province.
With a population around 94,000 in the 2015 census, Catarman is the largest town of Northern Samar, and second largest (behind Tacloban) of the Eastern Visayas region. It consists of 24 municipalities and 55 barangays.
- 1 Catarman National Airport (Catarman Airport, CRM IATA). One of the few places where a major road crosses the runway without an underpass. Only PAL Express has flights from Clark, and tickets can be expensive.
By bus and minivanEdit
- There are buses from Manila, via Naga, Legazpi City, Sorsogon (the buses use the ferry from Matnog to Allen).
- There are also buses and minivans from Calbayog, Catbalogan, Tacloban, and Allen port.
- White Beach Resort, UEP zone along national highway.
- Gaisano Grand Mall, Calbayog-Catarman Road. 9AM-8PM. Has a Gaisano supermarket.
- Coffee Hub, corner Del Pilar and Roxas Street, ☏ .
- G V Hotel, Marcos Street, ☏ . fan single/double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. From ₱500.
- 1071 Bed & Breakfast (1071 B&B Cafe Eusebio), 1071 Annunciation St. Cor. Moore St. Brgy. Lapu-Lapu Northern Samar, ☏ , toll-free: . Beside BDO.
- Sasa Pension House, Jacinto Street. From ₱800.
- Pink City Pension House., Roxas Street. From ₱750.
- River View Hotel, JP Rizal Street.