- Hariharapura — a small village
- Kemmannagundi — a hill station
- Hebbe Falls — located in the middle of the Kodays coffee estate
The Kannada language is spoken in this district.
Reachable by Road/Train from Bangalore. Bus journey takes 5.5 hrs either via Kadur(NH206) or Hassan(NH48). Train journey takes almost 3 to 3.5 hrs (till Kadur/Birur). As of 2006, there is no direct connectivity by train (Rail line between Kadur and Chikkamagaluru is under construction). One need to alight at Kadur/Birur and take bus to Chikmagalur for (40KM) 45 minutes.
Buses are available from Mysore, Mangalore and Bangalore.
- Passenger trains are available from Shimoga and Kadur at a distance of 40km.
- Arrivals and Departures from Chikkamagaluru Railway Station
- Train Number 56271: Shivamogga-Chikkamagaluru Passenger-Departs Shivamogga at 18:15 and arrives Chikkamagaluru at 21:30 [via; Kadur Jn]
- Train Number 56272: Chikkamagaluru-Shivamogga Passenger-Departs Chikkamagaluru at 06:30 and arrives Shivamogga at 09:30 [via; Kadur Jn]
- Train Number 56277: Chikkamagaluru-Yeshvantpur Jn Fast Passenger-Departs Chikkamagaluru at 07:30 and arrives Yeshvantpur Jn at 14:15 [via; Kadur Jn]
- Train Number 56278: Yeshvantpur Jn-Chikkamagaluru Fast Passenger-Departs Yeshvantpur Jn at 15:15 and arrives Chikkamagaluru at 22:20 [via; Kadur Jn]
Filter Coffee made from locally grown Coffee beans.
There are plenty of homestays and resorts in this district at various places.
Many places in Western ghat region gets flooded during rains. Fill the fuel tank of your automobile before going to remote villages as chances of getting fuel are very less. Wild animals like Elephant, Tiger and Gaur are present in this district and sometimes can be seen on roads. Drive carefully as many roads are narrow and curvy.