Glasgow is a small town of 3,300 (2019) in Missouri River Country region of Montana. If you're looking for the ultimate remote small town experience, Glasgow might be it. The Washington Post once called Glasgow "the middle of nowhere", based on the fact that, of all towns in the contiguous United States with at least 1,000 people, it is the farthest from any metro area of more than 75,000 people.
Glasgow is located near the intersection of US 2 and MT 24. Glasgow is located 270 mi (430 km) northeast of Great Falls and 235 mi (378 km) southwest of Regina, Saskatchewan.
- 1 Glasgow/Valley County Aiport, 89 Airport Rd. 6AM-8PM. Has two daily round trip flights from Billings on Cape Air.
Most places of interest are clustered downtown, near the train station, although a few are in nearby Fort Peck, 17 miles south of town. The town is bisected by the railroad tracks: addresses will often contain an N or S to indicate whether they are north or south of the tracks.
- 1 Valley County Pioneer Museum, 54109 US Highway 2 (at 8th Ave N), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. May-Aug: Tu-Sa 9AM-5PM, Sep-Oct: W-Sa 10AM-4PM, Nov-Dec: Tu Th Sa noon-4PM, Jan: closed. History museum with several exhibits, including a Assiniboine tepee, the Buffalo Bill Cody Bar (sporting a bullet hole and lead slug), an original 1924 catalog home, a country schoolhouse room, a machine yard featuring old-time farming machinery and a Great Northern Railroad caboose, and a recreation of a 1915 street. adults $3, students $2, children 6 and under free.
- 2 Children's Museum of Northeast Montana, 512 2nd Ave S (between 5th St and 6th St). Memorial Day to August: M-F 10AM-5PM, Su closed; September to Memorial Day: Th-Sa 10AM-3PM, Su-W closed. Adults $5, children 1 and up $3, children under 1 free, military and foster families free.
- 3 Wheatgrass Arts and Gallery, 523 2nd Ave S (between 5th St and 6th St), ☏ . Tu-F 10AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-2PM; Oct-Mar: closed Saturdays. Art gallery. September through May, open on first Fridays 5:30PM-7:30PM, and June-August open on first Sundays 6:30PM-8:30PM for artist receptions.
- 4 Fort Peck Interpretive Center, 157 Lower Yellowstone Rd, Fort Peck, ☏ . By appointment only. Part of the Charles M. Russell Wildlife Refuge. Contains exhibits on wildlife in the refuge, dinosaur fossils discovered nearby, and the construction of Fort Peck Dam. free.
- 1 Valley Cinemas, 600 2nd Ave S (at 6th St), ☏ . Movie theater. Adult $8, child 2-12 $6.50, child 13-17 $7.75, senior 60+ $6.50, matinee $6.50.
- 2 Fort Peck Recreation Area (Take Highway 24 south for 17 miles). Fort Peck Lake is Montana's largest body of water, with over 1,520 miles of shoreline. Contains playgrounds, horseshoe pits, a volleyball court, basketball court, picnic tables and picnic shelters. Hiking, birdwatching, boating, hunting, fishing, camping are possible.
- 3 El Cor Del Lanes, 53936 US Highway 2 (northwest of town, just before Jensen Trail), ☏ . M-F 3PM-11PM, Sa 1-11PM, Su 1PM-6PM. Bowling alley.
- 4 Fort Peck Summer Theater, 201 Missouri Ave, Fort Peck, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Venue for a series of live theatrical performances, some musical, June to August. Adult $18-23, K12 student $13-16, child 5 and under $6.
- 1 Eugene's Pizza, 193 Klein Ave (at 2nd St), ☏ . M-F 11AM-1:30PM, Su-Th 4-10PM, F Sa 4PM-11PM. Twice voted Montana's best pizza. $9-26.
- 2 Durum Restaurant, 1015 US Highway 2 (between 1st Ave and Fair St), ☏ . Tu-Sa 11AM-2AM, Su-M Closed. Burgers, steaks, pasta, seafood. Full wine and cocktail menu. $10-33.
- 3 Soma Dis Deli, 502 2nd Ave S (at 5th St), ☏ . Tu-F 11AM-6PM, Sa 11AM-4PM, Su M closed. Hip sandwich and salad spot. $7-10.
- 4 Flip Burgers and Treats, 928 US Highway 2 (at 10th Ave), ☏ . 11AM-8PM. Burgers, shakes, ice cream. $4-10.
- 1 Rundle Suites, 208 5th St S (at 2nd Ave), ☏ . Boutique hotel with 24-hour fitness center, pool table, and bicycles. $110-135.
- 2 Cottonwood Inn and Suites, 54250 US Highway 2 (at Lasar Dr), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. As luxurious as it gets in Glasgow. Has a fitness center, indoor pool, hot tubs, and casino. Has an adjacent RV park with full hookups, laundry and shower facilities. from $102.
- 3 La Casa Motel, 238 1st Ave N (at 3rd St), ☏ , toll-free: . $57.
- 4 Fort Peck Downstream Campground, 123 Yellowstone Rd, Fort Peck, ☏ . Campground near the Fort Peck Interpretive Center. $14-184.
|Routes through Glasgow|
|Spokane ← Malta ←||W E||→ Williston → Minot|
|Shelby ← Malta ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Williston → Minot|
|Moose Jaw ← Assiniboia ← becomes ← ←||N S||→ Fort Peck → ENDS at|