- Not to be confused with Hui'an County, in Fujian Province.
Huai'an (淮安, Huái'ān) is in the northern part of Jiangsu.
- 1 Huai'an Lianshui Airport (淮安涟水机场) (22km northeast of the city center), ☏ . Domestic destinations include Beijing, Changchun, Chongqing, Dalian, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guiyang, Hangzhou, Kunming, Nanning, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai (Pudong Airport), Shenyang, Shenzhen, Shijiazhuang, Taiyuan, Tianjin, Wenzhou, Xiamen, Xi'an and Zhengzhou. International destinations include Hong Kong, Taipei, Bangkok and Siem Reap.
Express buses are available to two locations, one being the Dingli International Hotel, the other being the intersection of Datong Road and North Xiangyu Avenue.
Regular buses, which stop at numerous stops, are available to Lianshui County.
Taxis are also available.
If the local airport does not suit your needs, you may also consider flying to Nanjing and catching a bus from there. Express buses to Huai'an are available from Nanjing Airport. The standard bus fare is ¥180 and the journey time is about 3 hours.
As of 2020, Huai'an is served by both regular trains and high-speed trains. High-speed trains stop at Huai'an East Station.
- 2 Huai'an Station (淮安站), 18 Zhujiang Road, Huaiyin District, Huai'an (淮安市淮阴区珠江路18号) (public bus routes 1, 7, 11, 12, 16, 17, 47, 101, 107, 111, and Huaiyin 210). In the city's north, not far from the Huai'an North Bus Station.
- 3 Huai'an South Station (淮安南站), 1 Xiamen Road, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区厦门路1号) (public bus routes 28, 29, 30, 33, 38, 58, 507, and y33). In the city center.
- 4 Huai'an East Station (淮安东站), High-Speed Rail Zone, Ecological & Cultural Tourism District (生态文旅区高铁新区) (public bus routes 29, 76, 618, Express 1, Express 2, Express 3, and Express 5). In the city's eastern suburbs. The only station serving high-speed trains.
- 5 Huai'an Central Bus Station (淮安汽车总站), 69 North Huaihai Road, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区淮海北路69号) (public bus routes 1, 4, 5, 7, 15, 16, 18, 22, 26, 31, 33, 34, 36, 93, 100, 116, q26, y100, y15, and y33). In the city center. This is Huai'an's busiest bus station. Buses are available to a wide range of destinations both within and beyond the region.
- 6 Huai'an North Bus Station (淮安汽车北站), 167 Zhujiang Road, Huaiyin District, Huai'an (淮安市淮阴区珠江路167号) (public bus routes 5, 12, 16, 37, 39, 107, 116, Huayin 201, Huaiyin 202, Huaiyin 203, Huaiyin 205, Huaiyin 206, Huaiyin 207, Huaiyin 208, Huaiyin 210, and Huaiyin 212). In the city's north. This is Huai'an's second busiest bus station. Buses are available to a wide range of destinations, though not as many as are available from the Central Bus Station.
- 7 Huai'an South Bus Station (淮安汽车南站), 296 South Huaihai Road, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区淮海南路296号) (public bus routes 1, 9, 11, 12, 20, 21, 27, 35, 46, 48, 79, 83, 505 Inner Circle, 505 Outer Circle, 507, 515, and 535). In the city's southwest. This bus station mainly serves destinations in Jiangsu and neighbouring provinces such as Shandong, Anhui and Zhejiang.
- 8 Huai'an East Bus Station (淮安汽车东站), 2 Huaxi Road, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区华西路2号) (public bus routes 8, 10, 20, 65, 67, Huai'an 201, Huai'an 202, Huai'an 203, Huai'an 204, Huai'an 204, Huai'an 205, Huai'an 206 and Huai'an 207). In the city's southeast. This bus station mainly serves destinations in Jiangsu and neighbouring provinces such as Shandong, Anhui and Zhejiang.
- 1 Zhenhuai Building (old city gate) (镇淮楼), 2 Zhenhuai Road East, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区镇淮楼东路2号) (take bus nos 10, 20, 60, 61, 63, 65, 66, 67, 69, 606, or 618 and get off at the Zhenhuai Building bus stop). 7:30-18:30. The Zhenhuai Building was constructed during the 12th century as a libation hall for the Jin army. In the 19th century, the building was rebuilt and given its present name, which literally means 'building that controls the Huai River', reflecting the fact that flooding of the river was a serious issue at the time. There is a small museum in the building. ¥10.
- 2 Zhou Enlai Memorial Hall (周恩来纪念馆), 2 Yonghuai Road, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区永怀路2号) (take bus nos 8, 10, 63, 67, or 618 and get off at the Huai'an Foreign Languages School bus stop, or take a tram on Line 1 and get off at either the Memorial Hall Station or the Huaxi Road Station), ☏ . Summer: 08:30-17:00; other seasons: 08:30-16:30. Contains exhibitions about the life and work of Zhou Enlai, one of the most prominent political figures in China during the 20th century. Free.
- 3 Zhou Enlai's former residence (周恩来故居), 7 Fuma Lane, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区驸马巷7号) (take bus nos 62, 65, 619 or y65 and get off at the bus stop named Zhou Enlai's Former Residence), ☏ . Summer: 08:30-17:00; other seasons: 08:30-16:30. Zhou Enlai was born in this house in 1898 and lived here for the first 12 years of his life. Free.
- 4 The place where Zhou Enlai studied as a child (周恩来童年读书旧址), 174 Caoyun Road West, Qinghe District, Huai'an (淮安市清河区漕运西路174号) (take bus no. 30 and get off at the bus stop named after this place), ☏ . This was a family school operated by Zhou Enlai's elder relatives. Zhou Enlai attended classes here with his younger brother and his two younger sisters. Free.
- 5 [dead link] Huai'an Government House (淮安府署，淮安府衙), 38 Dongmen Street, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区东门大街38号) (take bus 69 and get off at either Shangban Street 上板街 or Caoyun Xiaoqu 漕运校区), ☏ . 08:30-18:00. This is one of the very few surviving examples in China of a prefecture-level yamen. The complex was first built in 1370 and was restored several times after being damaged by fires. ¥60.
- 6 Wu Cheng'en's former residence (吴承恩故居), 12 Datong Lane, Old Hexia Town, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区河下古镇打铜巷12号) (take bus nos. 62, 65, 69, or y65 and get off at Zhuxiang Street 竹巷街, then walk about 500 metres down the street until you come to Datong Lane), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Summer: 08:30-18:00, winter: 08:30-17:30. Wu Cheng'en, the acclaimed author of Journey to the West, lived here during the Ming Dynasty. ¥40.
- 7 China Water Transport Museum (中国漕运博物馆), Caoyun Square, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区漕运广场) (TAKE bus 69 and get off at Caoyun Xiaoqu 漕运校区, the museum is opposite Huai'an Government House.), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:30-12:00, 13:30-17:30. Huai'an has long been important port on the Grand Canal. This museum tells the story of Huai'an's role in the transportation of grain to the imperial capital. ¥50.
- 8 Huai'an Zoo (淮安动物园), 198 Jiankang Road West, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区健康西路198号) (catch bus nos. 22 or 86 to get to the north gate or bus nos. 3, 5, 22, 48 or 86 to get to the south gate), ☏ . 08:00-16:30. This zoo was established in 1958 and moved to the present location in 2012. It has imported animals and native animals. ¥30.
- 9 Wentong Pagoda (文通塔), 46 Ximen Street, Huai'an District, Huai'an (淮安市淮安区西门大街46号) (the pagoda is in the middle of a park along side the Wentong High School; catch bus nos. 65 or y65 and get off at the bus stop named Pharmaceutical Company 医药公司). The Wentong Pagoda was built in 708, at which time it was known as the Zunsheng Pagoda. It was renamed the Wentong Pagoda in 1629 following a major renovation. In 1668 an earthquake caused severe damage to the pagoda and it had to be almost completely rebuilt.
- 10 Huai'an Museum (淮安市博物馆), 1-146 Jiankang Road West, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区健康西路146-1号) (take bus nos 4, 16, 32, 86, 88 or 116 and get off at either Jiankang Road West 健康西路 or the South Campus of the No. 1 Elementary School of Huaiyin Teacher's College 一附小南校区), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 09:00-12:00, 13:30-17:30. A museum about the history and culture of Huai'an. Free.
- 1 San Want Hotel (神旺大酒店), 156 Xiangyu Avenue, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区翔宇大道156号) (take bus nos 8, 18, 32, 33, 35, 69, 88, 93, 107, 503, 717 or y33 and get off at the East Gate of the Intermediate People's Court 中级法院东门), ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Four-star hotel. Prices start from ¥344.
- 2 Dingli International Hotel (鼎立国际大酒店), 1-6 Xiamen Road, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区厦门路6-1号) (if arriving by air, simply take the express bus to the hotel from the airport; if coming from elsewhere in the city, either take a taxi or take bus nos 38 or 46 and get off at the intersection of Xiamen Road 厦门路 and Ji'nan Road 济南路), toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Five-star hotel. Prices start from ¥380.
- 3 Wanda Realm Huai'an (淮安万达嘉华酒店), 153 Middle Xiangyu Avenue, Qingjiangpu District, Huai'an (淮安市清江浦区翔宇中道153号) (take bus nos 3, 23, 50, 91, 301, 713, 717, q91 or y3 and get off at Wanda Plaza South 万达广场南), ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Five-star hotel. Prices start from ¥655.