Kansas City is a city in the state of Kansas, in the United States of America, and a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. Kansas City, Kansas, is often referred to as KCK, and Kansas City, Missouri, as KCMO. The two Kansas Cities form the core of the wider Kansas City metropolitan area.
Kansas City International Airport (MCI IATA) serves the Kansas City area and is located in the Northland. The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority offers hourly service to and from the airport on the #129 bus, called the I-29 Express [formerly dead link], M-F 5AM-7PM. $1.25. KCI Shuttle offers a shuttle service between the airport and downtown hotels.
Amtrak serves KC via the cavernous Union Station, located at Main and Pershing in Kansas City, Missouri. KC serves as a major stop on the daily Southwest Chief line which provides service between Chicago and Los Angeles. Barring delays, eastbound trains arrive at 7:24AM and westbound trains arrive at 10:11PM. Kansas City is also the western terminus of Amtrak's Missouri River Runner which heads east to St. Louis. The Missouri River Runner runs twice daily in each direction.
Interstate 435 forms a ring around the city. Notably I-70 goes east to St. Louis and west to Denver. I-35 is a major corridor running northeast and southwest. US Highway 71 runs north and south and forms a midtown expressway, running from the I-435/I-470 interchange, in a northwesterly course toward downtown, where it joins I-29. North of the River, US 71 follows the same route as I-29.
- KC is also serviced by other commercial coach service companies, which arrive and depart from the depot at 10th and Troost.
- 1 Huron Indian Cemetery, 7th St and Ann Ave, ☏ . Dawn-dusk daily. Started in 1843. Most burials date to the mid to late 19th century.
- 2 Strawberry Hill. Has interesting eastern European bakeries and shops, as well as a nice view overlooking the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri rivers.
- Sporting Kansas City. Catching a Major League Soccer game! Kansas City, Kansas is home to the Sporting Kansas City
- 3 Upright. A roadside attraction - a giant badminton shuttlecock.
- 4 Grinter Place State Historic Site, 1420 S 78th St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Adults $6, Seniors 65+/Active Military/College students with ID $5, Children (5-17) $3.
- 5 National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame, 630 N 126th St, Bonner Springs, KS, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Suggested donation $5/person.
- El Camino Real, 903 N 7th St, ☏ . A dive with authentic Mexican food, with especially great tacos al pastor (pork) and chorizo sausage. Tacos are made with freshly-pressed corn tortillas and all the proper trimmings: cilantro, onions, green chili sauce, etc. $1.50-8.
- 1 Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que (formerly Oklahoma Joe's BBQ), 3002 W 47th Ave, ☏ . M-Sa 11AM-9PM. Served out of a very unassuming gas station is what is widely considered to be the best BBQ in Kansas City, and that's saying something. Brave the lines—this is a can't miss. $8-25.
- Vietnam Cafe, 2200 W 39th Ave, ☏ . Tu-Th 10:30AM-9:30PM, F-Sa 10:30AM-10PM, Su 10:30AM-9PM. This is Kansas City's go-to place for pho, a scrumptious Vietnamese beef noodle soup—the comfort food of choice in Southeast Asia. For those not in the mood, the restaurant has a fairly long list of other dishes to experiment with. $6-12.
- [dead link] AmeriSuites Overland Park/Convention Center, 5001 W. 110th St, ☏ .
- [dead link] AmeriSuites Overland Park/Metcalf, 6801 W 112th St, ☏ .
- Best Western Inn & Conference Center, 501 Southwest Blvd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1931 Prairie Crossing, ☏ .
- Days Inn, 7721 Elizabeth St, ☏ .
- Fairfield Inn Kansas City Hotel, 8101 N Church Rd, ☏ , fax: . Offers complimentary hot breakfast, free Internet and an indoor saltwater pool.
- 1 Chateau Avalon, 701 Village West Pkwy, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: noon.
|Routes through Kansas City|
|Des Moines ← Kansas City, MO ←||N S||→ Overland Park → Wichita|
|Topeka ← Lawrence ←||W E||→ Kansas City, MO → Columbia|
|Des Moines ← Kansas City, MO ←||N S||→ Overland Park → Miami|