Get in Edit
By car Edit
From the north or southwest I-85 passes just east of downtown LaGrange and there are 3 exits for the city.
From the south I-185 is the main thoroughfare leading from I-85 to Columbus, where it terminates.
By bus Edit
- Greyhound, 101 Hoffman Dr, ☏ .
Get around Edit
By foot Edit
Downtown LaGrange is fairly compact and easily travelled on foot, though sites in the rest of the city require a car.
- 1 Bellevue, 204 Ben Hill Street, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Sa 10AM-noon, 2PM-5PM. Greek Revival home of Senator Benjamin Harvey Hill. The mansion is open for tours by appointment.
- Callaway Memorial Clock Tower, off Fourth Avenue. Built in 1929 as a memorial to mill operator, Fuller E. Callaway, this clock tower is modelled on the campanile of St. Mark's Cathedral in Venice.
- 2 Hills and Dales Estate, 1916 Hills and Dales Drive, ☏ , email@example.com. Tu-Sa 10PM-6PM Su 1PM-6PM. The historic 1916 home of the Fuller Callaway family designed by noted Georgia architect Neel Reid. The estate also includes the 1832 Ferrell Gardens. Adults and Seniors $10, Students $6 (no children under 6 allowed in the house).
- 3 LaGrange Art Museum, 112 Lafayette Pkwy, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu-Fr 9AM-5PM Sa 1-4 PM. Occupying the former 1892 Troup County Jail Building, this museum features local, national and international artists in changing exhibits and a noted permanent collection. Free, but $10 donation requested for non-residents of Troup County.
- 4 Legacy Museum On Main, 136 Main Street, ☏ , email@example.com. M-F: 9am-5pm 1st & 3rd Sat: 10am-4pm, Sun: closed. Admission is free, donations accepted.
- Charlie Josephs. A classic fast-food eatery with local history.
- Quality Inn, 110 Jameson Dr. It's very modest but has a pool and free breakfast anyway. Tel: +1 706-882-8700.
Go next Edit
|Routes through LaGrange|
|Atlanta ← College Park ←||N S||→ Auburn → Montgomery|
|Rome ← Carrollton ←||N S||→ Columbus → Tallahassee|
|Atlanta ← College Park ←||N S||→ Auburn → Pensacola|