Most travellers will arrive by car via I-44 from either Oklahoma City or Wichita Falls, Texas. US-62 connects the city with Altus and the Texas High Plains to the west, while Oklahoma state highway 7 leads in from Duncan about 25 miles to the east.
American Airlines has nonstop service to Dallas/Fort Worth from Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport.
- Lawton Area Transit System (LATS)
- Comanche National Museum & Cultural Center, 701 NW Ferris Ave, ☏ . M-F 8AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-2PM. Exhibits on Comanche culture. Free.
- Mattie Beal Home, 1006 SW 5th St, ☏ . Th-Su noon-3PM. Interesting historic home completed in 1910. Adults $4, children $2.
- Museum of the Great Plains, 601 NW Ferris Ave, ☏ . Features a number of unique exhibits on Great Plains history including some original or reconstructed pioneer buildings and a restored Frisco steam locomotive.
- 1 Comanche Nation Casino, 402 SE Interstate Dr, ☏ .
- Comanche Nation Waterpark, 501 NE Lawrie Tatum Rd (I-44 at Gore Blvd), ☏ . Late May-mid Aug: M-W 10:30AM-6PM, Th-Sa 10:30AM-8PM, Su noon-6PM. Mid Aug-Labor Day: Sa 10:30AM-8PM, Su noon-6PM. 12 acres of waterslides with a wave pool and lazy river.
- Apache Casino Hotel, 2315 E Gore Blvd, ☏ .
- Anna's German Quick Stop, 403 SW Sheridan Rd, ☏ . Real German food.
- Sams's Bar-B-Q, 402 SW Sheridan Rd, ☏ .
- Ted's Grill, 810 SW D Ave, ☏ .
- Hot Wok Chinese Restaurant, 1303 SW Lee Blvd, ☏ .
- The Meers Store & Restaurant, OK Hwy 115 (1 1/2 miles north of the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge, Meers). Famous for Meersburger - 7" diameter burgers made exclusively from Texas Longhorn beef, raised on the family's ranch. Voted the Best Burgers in Oklahoma. A must see if you are near Lawton. Be sure to bring cash as this is a cash only establishment.
- Fort Sill borders the city on the north. This US Army installation is the last operating fort of those built during the Indian Wars of the mid-1800s and has been declared a National Historic Landmark. Cemeteries on the site are the final resting place for many famous American Indians, including Geronimo, Satanta, and Quanah Parker. A small museum documents the history of the fort and its use in various conflicts.
- Medicine Park, located just north of Fort Sill on Oklahoma-49, is a quaint little arts community with some unique shopping.
- Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge, (Take Route 62 west of town about 6 miles, take a right on Scenic Highway 115 in Cache and drive for about 3 miles). This park provides a natural mixed-grass prairie habitat for bison, elk, deer, and longhorn cattle, as well as a wide range of smaller animal, bird, and plant species.
|Routes through Lawton|
|Oklahoma City ← Chickasha ←||N S||→ Wichita Falls → END|
|Childress ← Indiahoma ←||W N||→ Anadarko → Oklahoma City|
|Oklahoma City ← Chickasha ←||N S||→ Wichita Falls → Abilene|
|Watonga ← Anadarko ←||N S||→ Wichita Falls → San Antonio|
|END ←||W E||→ Duncan → Davis|