Youngstown-Warren area Ohio is in Ohio.
- Beaver Creek State Park, 12021 Echo Dell Road, East Liverpool. 53 non-electric camp sites, horseman's camp, Little Beaver Creek canoe trips, fishing, sixteen miles of hiking trails and two mountain biking technical trails.
- Guilford Lake State Park, Columbiana County, 6835 East Lake Road, Lisbon. On the west fork of the Little Beaver Creek, 41 electric camp sites, play area, fishing dock, drinking water, showers, flush toilets, picnic tables, fire-rings, launching ramps, seasonal dock rentals, 600-foot public swimming beach, bathhouse, changing booths, showers, volleyball, basketball courts, horseshoe pits.
- Mosquito Lake State Park, 1439 State Route 305, Cortland. 234 campsites, 218 have electrical hookups, boat launching area, unlimited horsepower boating on 7,850-acre lake, fishing, hunting, several hiking trails, ten miles of bridle trails, snowmobilers access to 14 miles of shoreline and 15 miles of wooded trails, mountain biking is permitted on 5 miles of multiple-use trail, basketball, volleyball, horseshoe courts and 600-foot beach.
Mahoning County is named for an Indian word meaning "salt lick".
- State Route 11-- Runs from North from Youngstown to South into East Liverpool.
- Interstate 30/ Lincoln Highway-- Runs West from Canton to east meeting with SR11 and SR39 continuing east through the panhandle of West Virginia and Pennsylvania towards Pittsburgh.
- State Route 45-- Runs North from Salem to south into Lisbon and East Liverpool
- State Route 14-- Runs West from Columbiana to west to the Pennsylvania line turning into PA Route 51.
- Ohio River -- Fish, boat, swim; sit on the banks or at the wharfs and watch the boats and barges go by. An industrial thoroughfare, the Ohio in this region supports the industrial as well as the recreational needs for Eastern Ohio, Panhandle of West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania. The headwaters of the Ohio River is formed not far from here in Pittsburgh with the Alleghany and Monagehelia Rivers joining together to form the Ohio.
- Apple Orchards -- As one of the regions seeded by John "Johnny Appleseed" Chapman in Ohio, apple orchards abound. In the autumn months you can visit the apple orchards and pick your own apples for purchase. In the spring some of these orchards also have berries you can pick for purchase.
Once a very booming part of the US, Northeast Ohio (like much of Ohio and Western Pennsylvania) experienced serious economic change with the closure of many steel mills in the 1970s. This has left a lot of infrastructure in bad shape and crime along with increases in drug abuse. Although on the upswing, some parts of inner Youngstown and surrounding cities are not safe at night (however, this is true of many cities in America). Be mindful of surroundings and avoid situations where you can find yourself alone and a victim.