prefecture-level city in Henan, China
- 1 Nanyang Jiangying Airport (南阳姜营机场), Wancheng District (宛城区) (Bus no. K4 links the airport to the city center and the Nanyang Railway Station), ☏ +86 377 62232053 (general enquiries), +86 377 63801345 (ticket enquiries). As of late 2019, flights to Nanyang were available from 20 different cities in China, including Beijing, Tianjin, Dalian, Shanghai, Nanjing, Hangzhou, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Jieyang, Chengdu, Chongqing, Guiyang, Guilin, Nanning, Haikou, Hohhot, Lanzhou and Urumqi. There are plans to move the airport to a new location in the near future.
There are two railway stations in Nanyang's main urban area:
- 2 Nanyang Railway Station (南阳站), 3 Tiedong Street, Wolong District (卧龙区铁东街3号) (In the city center). Serves regular-speed trains.
- 3 Nanyang East Railway Station (南阳东站), Cha'an Township, Wancheng District (宛城区茶庵乡) (In the city's east. There is a bus stop outside the station, which is served by bus nos. 35, g11, g25, g35, g39, g40, k11, k25, k39, k40, y1 and y2. All of these buses can take you to the city center). Serves high-speed trains.
- 1 Zhang Heng's Tomb (张衡墓 (zhāng héng mù)), Intersection of S231 and Guobao Road, Shiqiao Town, Wolong District (卧龙区石桥镇S231与国宝路交叉口) (The nearest bus stop is the Shiqiao (石桥) bus stop, which is served by bus nos. S202, S203 and the Yahe Bus (鸭河公交)), ☏ +86 377 68028353. 08:00-18:30 (summer), 08:00-17:00 (winter). Zhang Heng (78-139 AD) was a famous writer, scientist and inventor who lived during the Eastern Han Dynasty. There is a museum about Zhang Heng next to the tomb. Free.
- 2 Fusheng Temple Pagoda (福胜寺塔 (fú shèng sì tǎ)), Intersection of Gucheng Road and Tuanjie West Road, Dengzhou (邓州市古城路与团结西路交汇处) (Take a long-distance bus to Dengzhou (a 90-minute journey), then take a no. 16 bus and get off at the Gucheng Road Intersection), ☏ +86 377 62287596. 08:00-17:00. Founded in the Northern Song Dynasty, the pagoda originally had 13 levels and stood more than 66 meters high. But during the late Yuan Dynasty, the upper 6 levels were destroyed during a battle. The temple that the pagoda once belonged to also no longer exists, though the government reportedly plans to rebuilt it. During the restoration of the pagoda in 1988, many valuable Buddhist artefacts were discovered in an underground basement. These artefacts are on display ar the Henan Provincial Museum in Zhengzhou. Access is free but visitors are not allowed inside the pagoda.
- 3 Nanyang Museum (南阳市博物馆 (nán yáng shì bó wù guǎn)), 369 Dingsheng Avenue, Wancheng District (宛城区鼎盛大道369号) (about 1.2 km southeast of Guangwu Bridge (光武大桥) and about 2.56 km northeast of the airport; the nearest bus stop is the Jiangying （jiang'ying bus stop; the nearest bus stop is the Jiangying (姜营) bus stop, which is served by bus nos. 14, 25, k14, k25 and k39), ☏ +86 377 60327999. 09:00-17:30 (9:00-17:00 in winter), closed on Mondays. The new Nanyang Museum opened at this site on 1 January 2021. The old Nanyang Museum is at the Nanyang Memorial Temple of Marquis Wu. Free.
- 4 Nanyang Memorial Temple of Marquis Wu (南阳武侯祠 (nán yáng wǔ hóu cí)), 766 Wolong Road, Wolong District (卧龙区卧龙路766号) (take bus no. S201), ☏ +86 377 63512907. 08:00-18:00 (May-Septmber), 08:00-17:30 (October-April). ¥60.
- 5 Official Residence of the Nanyang Prefect (南阳府衙 (nán yáng fǔ yá)), 100 Minzhu Street, Wancheng District (宛城区民主街100号) (bus nos. 13, 35, g11, g35, k3, k6, k11, k13, k14, k27 and k34), ☏ +86 0377-63232861 (office), +86 377 61381235 (ticket sales). 08:00-18:00. ¥40.
- 6 Memorial Temple of the Medical Sage (医圣祠 (yī shèng cí)), 7 Yichengci Street, Wancheng District (宛城区医圣祠街7号) (bus nos. 19, 35, g35, g39, k18, k37 and k39), ☏ +86 377 63037149, firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00-17:30. ¥25.
- Sunlight Hotel (南阳金阳光大酒店), 500 meters east of the intersection of the National Road 312 and East Binhe Road. The Sunlight Hotel (Jinyangguang Dajiudian) is situated about 500 meters west of the intersection of the National Road 312 and East Binhe Road.
Guests of this Nanyang hotel can choose from a variety of accommodations including standard rooms, deluxe rooms and deluxe suites.
In terms of dining, the on-site restaurants serve Cantonese, Hunan and Henan dishes. Additionally, there are private dining rooms ready for booking.Well-equipped conference rooms are suitable for hosting meetings, seminars or other events. When it comes to refreshment, guests can take a sauna, go to the karaoke hall, or play ping-pong.