North Rustico, known locally as "The Crick", is located on the northern coast of Prince Edward Island, bordering Prince Edward Island National Park, and offers a variety of restaurants, accommodations, and deep-sea fishing outfitters. New Glasgow is slightly inland along the banks of the Hunter River, and offers some unique shops and golfing. Both communities are known for their lobster suppers. The area provides a number of restaurants, accommodations and services which support visitors to the Prince Edward Island National Park; many of these businesses are seasonal and highly tourist-oriented, closing for the winter when the park closes in late September.
North Rustico Harbour is about 30 km (19 mi) from Charlottetown, take Route 7 north to Route 6 at Oyster Bed Bridge and head west. Route 13, which passes through New Glasgow enroute to Cavendish, connects to the Trans-Canada Highway at Crapaund and is the most direct from Borden-Carleton and the Confederation Bridge.
The two communities are connected by Route 258, which travels from New Glasgow to Route 6 at Rusticoville, just south of North Rustico.
- 1 North Rustico Harbour Lighthouse, Harbourview Drive, North Rustico. An active lighthouse, the station was established in 1876 and the lighthouse itself was built in 1899. It has as a focal plane of 12.5 m (41 ft); and a yellow light, 5 seconds on, 5 seconds off.
- 1 Glasgow Hills Resort & Golf Club, 98 Glasgow Hills Dr, New Glasgow, toll-free: , email@example.com. Rate 4 stars by the Golf Digest and Top 100 in Canada by the Globe and Mail. 18-hole, par 72.
- 2 Rustico Resort (Rustico Resort Golf & Tennis Club), 496 Grand Pere Point Rd (Rte 242), ☏ , toll-free: . 18-hole, 6487 yard parkland golf course with views of Rustico Bay.
- 1 Glasgow Glen Farm Artisan Cheese Producers (formerly Cheeselady's Gouda), 190 Route 258, New Glasgow, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Prince Edward Island Preserve Company, 2841 New Glasgow Road, New Glasgow, ☏ , toll-free: .
- 3 Rustico Bay Wool Sweater Company, 7218 Rustico Road, North Rustico, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Hours vary be season, check website. Family owned business providing wool products. They proudly work with knitters in the region who knit out of their homes; a true cottage industry.
- 4 The Toy Factory, 5607 Route 13, New Glasgow, ☏ . Old fashoned toys, puzzels, and games.
- 1 Blue Mussel Café, 312 Harbourview Dr, North Rustico, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Late May, June, Sept & Early October: Daily 11:30AM-8PM; July & August: Daily 11:30AM-9PM. Fresh seafood and other local fare served on a deck overlooking North Rustico Harbour.
- 2 Fisherman's Wharf Lobster Suppers & Pier 15 Restaurant, 7230 Rusico Road (Route 6), North Rustico, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Fisherman's Wharf is a unique PEI traditional Lobster Supper experience, with the Island's longest all-you-can-eat 60-ft salad bar featuring PEI Mussels and seafood chowder. AAA PEI steak, scallops, chicken, shrimp, haddock and Atlantic Snow Crab. Also on-site is Pier 15 Restaurant for a quick bite in a smaller quaint atmosphere.
- 3 New Glasgow Lobster Suppers, 604 Route 258, New Glasgow, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Jun 1-Oct 5. One of the most widely advertised restaurants for the lobster dining experience. Near the heart of Anne of Green Gables country. You can choose from 1, 1½ and 2 lb lobsters. Prices, though high for the island, are very reasonable compared to elsewhere.
- 4 On the Dock, 318 Harbourview Drive, North Rustico, ☏ .
- 5 The Pearl Eatery & Oyster Lounge, 7792 Cavendish Rd, North Rustico, ☏ . Upscale seafood.
- 6 Pedro's Island Eatery, 7236 Cavendish Road (Route 6), North Rustico, ☏ .
- The Café on the Clyde, in New Glasgow at the junction of routes 224 and 258 (in the PEI Preserve Company store), toll-free: . Has a selection of breakfast items served until 11AM, and lunch and dinner items served after that. The potato and bacon pie is excellent, as is the lobster croissant. The fish cakes are made the traditional way with salt cod and potatoes; an authentic Maritime experience, but most customers don't order them twice. A wide selection of black and herbal teas are available either hot or iced. The dining room has a beautiful view over the idyllic Clyde River. It's a great place to stop for breakfast, lunch, a light dinner, or just a cup of tea and a piece of home-made cake.
- 1 North Rustico Liquor Store, 7367 Cavendish Rd, North Rustico, ☏ . M-Th 10AM-6PM, F Sa 10AM-9PM.
- 1 Chalet Grand-Pre Cottages, 6999 Rustico Road, North Rustico, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com.
- 2 Farmhouse Inn & Cottages, 6123 Route 13, New Glasgow, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3 Orchard View Cottages, 7644 Cavendish Road, North Rustico, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM.
- 4 North Rustico Harbour Inn, 7366 Cavendish Road, North Rustico, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 10AM.
- 5 North Rustico Motel and Cottages, 7103 Rustico Road, North Rustico, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com.
- 6 The Pines Motel & Cottages, 19 Snowie Road, Rusticoville (Route 6 & Snowie Road), ☏ , toll-free: , firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7 Rustico Acres, 7567 Cavendish Road, North Rustico, ☏ , Info@Rusticoacres.ca.
- 8 Seawinds Cottages, 6537 Rustico Road, Rusticoville, ☏ , toll-free: , email@example.com.
- Visit the Anne of Green Gables monument in Cavendish or hit the beach in Prince Edward Island National Park.
|Routes through North Rustico|
|Kensington ← Cavendish ←||W E||→ Brackley Beach-Stanhope → Charlottetown via|
|Routes through New Glasgow|
|Prince Edward Island National Park ← Cavendish ←||N S||→ Ends at W E|