Northern Osaka covers the wards of Higashiyodogawa-ku (東淀川区), Nishiyodogawa-ku (西淀川区), and Yodogawa-ku (淀川区).
The main train station in this area is Shin-Osaka Station.
The fastest trains between Kansai Int'l Airport and Shin-Osaka station are "Ltd. Express Haruka" which operates by JR West. The journey takes approximately 50 minutes at a cost of ¥2490: ¥1320 regular fare + ¥1150 limited express fare.
Expressway buses arrived at Hankyu Highwaybus Shin-Osaka terminal (阪急ハイウェイバス新大阪ターミナル), near the JR Shin-Osaka Station.
Airport limousine buses from Itami (¥500, roughly 25 min) and Kansai (¥1,550, 90 min).
- 1 Open Air Museum of Old Farmhouses (日本民家集落博物館 (nihon minka shūraku hakubutsukan)), Ryokuchi-koen (take the Midosuji subway line to Ryokuchi). Tu-Su. Ryokuchi park is lovely, and in it is a museum of a dozen old Edo period farmhouses, moved across country and lovingly reconstructed. Also on display are tools, furniture, and the like. You can go to Himeji-jo or the old palace in Kyoto and see how the rulers lived, but come down here to see how the people lived. Thanks to the efforts of a volunteer from Australia, they have a great new English-language brochure to guide you. ¥500.
- Osaka municipal indoor pool - Yodogawa (大阪市立淀川屋内プール), 2-3-1 Juso-Higaqshi Yodogawa-ku (6 minutes walk from Hankyu Juso station east exit). M-F 09:00-21:30, Sa Su 09:00-19:30. Heated swimming pool & exercise room. Admission: ¥700 pool, ¥600 training, ¥1000 pool & training.
- Shin-Osaka Youth Hostel (A block from the east exit of Shin-Osaka Station). A clean, modern, and friendly youth hostel. ¥3500.
- Mystays Shin Osaka, 6-2-19 Nishi-Nakajima Yodogawa-ku (10 minutes walk from Shin-Osaka station - walk towards the Washington Plaza hotel and cross under the 423 highway), ☏ . Small, clean rooms and a bit of a hike to the bullet train station, but unbeatable for the price. Some staff speak English. Some rates include buffet breakfast in the hotel's restaurant (¥1100 separately). Family Mart and Lawson convenience stores are a half-block away, while there is a 7-Eleven with international ATM access is on the way from Shin-Osaka station. Web site lists singles starting from ¥8300, though cheaper rates might be found when searching for availability.
- Business Hotel OK, 1-10-11 Jusohigashi Yodogawa-ku (5 mintes walk from Umeda ( Osaka ) station or Shin-Osaka station.), ☏ . Rooms from ¥4500 single, ¥5000 dobule.
- Hotel Laforet Shin-Osaka, 1-2-70 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku (1 minute walk from Shin-Osaka Station), ☏ .
- New Osaka Hotel, 5-14-10 Nishinakajima Yodogawa (3 minutes walk from Shin-Osaka Station), ☏ . Rooms from ¥8085 single,¥16170 twin/double.
- Osaka Visitors Information Center - Shin-Osaka, 3F JR Shin-Osaka Sta. 5-16-1 Nishinakajima Yodogawa-ku (inside JR Shin-Osaka Station), ☏ . 09:00-18:00, closed 31 Dec-3 Jan.
|Routes through North|
|into ←||W E||→ Kyoto → Nagoya|
|Hiroshima ← Okayama←Shin-Kobe ←||W E||→ into|
|Sannomiya ← Nishinomiya←Osaka ←||W E||→ Suita → Ibaraki → Kyoto|
|Sannomiya ← Koshien ← Amagasaki ←||W E||→ Oasaka Nanba|
|Umeda ←||S E||→ Ibarakishi → Nagaokatenjin → Kawaramachi|
|↑ ←||S E||→ Katsura → into Arashiyama line → Arashiyama|
|Takarazuka ← Ikeda ← Toyonaka ←||N S||→ Umeda|
|Sannomiya ← Nishinomiya Kitaguchi ←||W S||→ Umeda|
|Senri-Chuo ← into ← Esaka ←||N S||→ Umeda → Nanba → Tennoji|
|END ←||N S||→ Taishibashi-Imaichi → Shigino → Imazato|