A traveler may visit Ozona via Interstate 10 or Texas Highway 163. A municipal airport is also available.
Ozona has no public transportation. Private car (or pickup truck) is the usual method of travel.
- Davy Crockett Statue, 11th Street, on town square. Commemorates the namesake of the county.
- Crockett County Courthouse, Ave. D..
- Ozona Museum (Crockett County Museum), 408 11th St, ☏ . M-Th 9AM-5PM, F 8:30AM-4:30PM. Just little miscellaneous items like pistolas and gas lamps plus recreated scenes to share Ozona's past. $3.
The area is known for its hunting. The Ozona Chamber of Commerce maintains a list of leases.
- Whitetail Deer
- Hitchin' Post.
- Destiny's Grill, 107 Swaps St, ☏ . This is like an opportunity to eat in someone's shed. $10.
- Hillcrest Motel, Business Loop 466, ☏ , fax: . All ground floor rooms, guest laundry, pets allowed.
- Quality Inn Ozona I-10, 1307 Ave. A. (exit 365), ☏ . Accessible rooms available, guest laundry, no pets.
- 1 Republic Hotel of Ozona, 3331 I-10, ☏ , fax: . Remote location, but indoor pool and hot tub are a plus. $61 (Dec 2021).
This is about the only way you'll find anything worth more than a few minutes.
- Big Bend National Park
- Seminole Canyon State Historical Site
- Fort Lancaster State Historical Site
- Kerrville - a few hours east, with history and personality
|Routes through Ozona|
|El Paso ← Fort Stockton ←||W E||→ Sonora → San Antonio|
|Jct W E ← Big Lake ← Jct E ←||N S||→ END|