To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.
And thank you for your helpful edits to articles about places in Myanmar!
All the best,
You're welcome ! I'll be edit more than i can be for get more imformations to travellers.
Only available for Myeik township.Yan Linn Naung 14:04, 24 October 2015 (UTC)
Hotel Room ReservationEdit
Your user pageEdit
Hi. I don't think it would be right for me to attempt to micro-manage what you put on your user page, but I would highly recommend for you to summarize your description of what you do rather than making it ever longer, lest you might seem to someone not to really be following the guidelines on the don't tout page. The normal standard for business owners and tourism professionals is that, like everyone else, they are completely free to briefly explain what they do and mention the name (if any) of their business, but it can't be a long advertisement. Likewise, information about places to visit is best placed in articles about those places, rather than in user pages (though I don't mean to say it's outright prohibited to lightly promote a city on your user page).
You might find it interesting to look at the user pages of User:Tamuz and User:AndreCarrotflower, tourism professionals (in fact, Tamuz works as a tour guide), and User:VerbInteractive, our only Autopatroller hotel marketer so far. See how they offer to help people who approach them to ask for information, but they do not promote their professional work at length. Ikan Kekek (talk) 10:06, 31 October 2015 (UTC)
- My suggestion is for you to consider summarizing (making your user page shorter). But my advice is general, and I won't try to tell you what to do, unless at some point in the future I think you're really in violation of the policies on some of the pages I linked for you. Ikan Kekek (talk) 13:49, 1 November 2015 (UTC)
Your userpage is User:YanlinnnaungEdit
Hi Yanlinnnaung. Just a reminder that your userpage is User:Yanlinnnaung and your talk page (where other users can message you) is User talk:Yanlinnnaung (this page). You can edit those two pages if you want to write about yourself.
I'm not sure if you were attempting to nominate yourself to be an administrator or not, but if you are trying to do so please read the guidelines at the top of Wikivoyage:Administrator nominations so that you understand what the general qualifications are in order to be a site admin. -- Ryan • (talk) • 17:01, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi there Yanlinnnaung, great to see you taking an interest in the janitorial work. Also thanks for your edits to our Myanmar articles; they are most welcome. Above you can see the requirements for becoming an admin on this site. We ask that users are active for at least a number of months and that they have shown effort to take part in talk page discussions and in the janitorial work, like patrolling recent changes. Considering that you've only been editing under this name for a couple of weeks, you're not meeting the requirements just yet. I'd like to suggest that you withdraw your nomination. Just keep up the good work, and start engaging in some discussions - and you're perfectly welcome to re-nominate yourself in a couple of months! JuliasTravels (talk) 17:05, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
A local call is a telephone call for which the caller is not charged long distance fees. You mean to say a name is a local name. However, wouldn't the reader assume that all the Burmese-language names in an article about a place in Myanmar are local names? There's actually a page on this site about avoiding mention of obvious things. Ikan Kekek (talk) 10:33, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks Ikan Kekek! Should I write a local name for in Burmese language on somewhere?Yanlinnnaung (talk) 10:41, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- If you use a listing template, you can give the local name in the "name" tab and the English translation in the "alt" tab. Or you may prefer to give the local name with the English name in parentheses and then the name in Burmese writing in the "alt" tab. Ikan Kekek (talk) 11:06, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hello, Ikan Kekek. Nice to see you again! I'm added a listing in "Sleep" on Myeik article, it is ok? Have a nice day. Yanlinnnaung (talk) 04:27, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- I removed the name of the city in the address, because it's assumed that all hotels listed in the Myeik article are in Myeik, unless otherwise noted, and I capitalized the street name in parentheses. Otherwise, the format is fine, but it would help to give rates and some kind of description. Type "Category:Star articles" in the "Search" window, look at any of those articles to see how hotels are listed, and emulate those procedures. Ikan Kekek (talk) 04:39, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Ikan Kekek. Where do you live? I want to friend with you? Ok? Yanlinnnaung (talk) 09:33, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- Oh ! So far, I live in Myanmar! Welcome to visit to Myanmar! Yanlinnnaung (talk) 09:42, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- I have a dream to visit to Time Square in New York! Yanlinnnaung (talk) 09:44, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- I wish! My parents travelled pretty widely, and the two most naturally beautiful countries they visited were New Zealand (especially the South Island) and Burma (as we then called your country). I was not with them on either trip and I'm not likely to get there any time soon - I need more money! Hahaha. But do let me know if you come to New York. Times Square is a place that a visitor should see at least once, but for New Yorkers, there are many more enjoyable places in this city. Ikan Kekek (talk) 09:47, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- So amazing for me because you are positive person for reply all my question, before I thought you will not reply! I also need more money too, to visit to New York, I'm 22 yrs,man,single. Hahaha. Thank you so much for your friendly! Have a nice day Ikan Kekek. Yanlinnnaung (talk) 10:06, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Ikan Kekek, river mouth such as lambi island (Burma name) is including in Myeik archipelago, that's right, I want to upload this photo too, but access is limited to get there, even Burma citizens too. It a large unexplore island. That why should upload this photo such as travel guide? Thanks, Have a nice day. Yanlinnnaung (talk) 03:28, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Ikan Kekek Sorry for not reply immediately this morning, not because wanna rely but because I can't any edit on your user talk!.Is it some error? Yan Linn Naung (talk) 15:12, 15 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Ikan Kekek, I edited on "Get around " in Myeik, If just need, please check! Yan Linn Naung (talk) 13:07, 18 November 2015 (UTC)