human settlement in McKenzie County, North Dakota, United States of America
Watford City sits between the north unit of Teddy Roosevelt National Park and Lake Sakakawea.
- By car: from from Williston, about 26 miles south and 17 miles east on US highway 85.
- McKenzie County Heritage Park, 950 2nd Ave SW, ☏ . W 11AM-6PM, Th-Sa 10AM-6PM. Includes buildings from our MacKenzie County's history such as a trapper's cabin, country school, blacksmith shop, homestead shack, law office, church, barbershop and more.
- Pioneer Museum of McKenzie County, 100 2nd Ave SW, ☏ . Daily 10AM-5PM. Depicts the history and economic development of McKenzie County from the earliest times beginning with the largest petrified tree stump in North Dakota (60 million years old) to today's history.
- Wild West Water Park, 315 3rd St SE, ☏ . Great clean family fun all summer long. Two tower slides, children's water play area, hot tub, concessions. Available for rent for private parties.
- Fishing at Arnegard Dam, 1 1/2 miles north, 12 miles northwest of Watford City. Pike and perch.
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 600 3rd Ave SW, ☏ .
- Little Missouri Inn & Suites, 109 9th Ave SW, ☏ .
- Old School Bed and Breakfast, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Horse boarding, ample parking for RV's and horse trailers.
- Rossevelt Inn & Suites, 600 2nd Ave SW, ☏ .
- Watford Hotel, 801 3rd Ave SW, ☏ .
- Arnegard Cafe, 2751 134th Ave NW, Arnegard, ☏ .
- PDQ Bar & Supper Club, 105 Main St, Arnegard, ☏ .
- Arnegard City Park, Main Street, Arnegard, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Tent camping and 4 RV sites with electric hookup.
|Routes through Watford City|
|Williston ← Alexander ←||N S||→ Amidon → Spearfish|
|END ←||W E||→ New Town → Jct N S|
|Sidney ← Alexander ←||W E||→ Zap → Washburn|