Yaba is in Lagos State. It is a popular city district in the Lagos mainland area, Lagos State. Yaba has a lot of federal government institutions located in its vicinity as it houses the popular Queens College; a federal girls-only school in Yaba. University of Lagos; popular federal University in Yaba amongst others.
Yaba was carved out of the old Lagos mainland in the 1970s and since then, it has been a very popular city in Lagos and a place to reckon with.
- 1 God is Good Motors (GIGM) Buses, Yaba Terminal,Yaba Tejuosho Shopping Complex, Lagos, ☏ . Longer distance air-conditioned bus services.
You can also get into Yaba by boarding popular Lagos yellow buses popularly called Danfo, You can board Danfo from just anywhere in Lagos and tell the driver you are going to Yaba, but you need to be extra careful to inform the bus driver you are dropping at Yaba to avoid being moved past Yaba.
You can also get into Yaba by ordering a booking for one of the popular car hailing transportation services in Nigeria, like Uber, Taxify, and even Taxi driver, when you book your ride from anywhere you are, you will be shown the fixed amount depending on how far you are to Yaba and a driver is assigned to you to pick you up and drop you at Yaba. It is usually a very comfortable ride with Air Conditioner and very comfortable.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG), University of Lagos, University Road Lagos Mainland, Akoka, ☏ . A federal-owned school in Nigeria, located in Yaba. UNILAG has the whole internet frenzy and it is one place every tourist to Yaba should ensure they visit, the most talked-about social University in Nigeria.
- Queens College, Yaba, ☏ . Queen's College, Yaba, is a government-owned girl's secondary (high) school with boarding facilities, situated in Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. Often referred to as the "sister college" of King's College, Lagos, it was founded on October 10, 1927, when Nigeria was still a British colony
- Ozone Cinemas, E-Center, 1-11 Commercial Ave, Sabo, ☏ . Ozone Cinema is a cinema in Yaba, you should go there to watch your favorite movies
- Nigerian Institute of Medical Research. The Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR) is in Yaba, Nigeria is a medical research institute established by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the research institute establishment act of 1977, to promote National health and developments. Until the establishment of the National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRID) in Abuja, it was the only institute in the country specifically dedicated to medical research.
- Akube Collection, Block 2, Railway Mini Market, Beside Round About, Murtala Muhammed Way, ☏ . For all your women collection and clothing, Akube Collection got you covered.
- SPAR, Yaba, Tejuosho Shopping Centre, Ojuelegba Rd, ☏ . A SPAR in Yaba.
- The Place Restaurant Yaba, 393 Herbert Macaulay Way, ☏ . Daily 9AM-9PM. The Place is a proudly Nigerian company, operating in the hospitality sectors of the Nigerian economy. It is a really nice place to go to eat in Yaba
- Foodville, Yaba, ☏ . Daily 9AM-9PM. A very nice place to eat in Yaba
- City Grill, Tejuosho mall, ☏ . M-Sa noon-10:30PM. Serve type: Dine in. Take away. Delivery. Menu: fried rice fried plantain jollof rice exhaust spaghetti pasta amala wheat egusi fufu, their meal are pocket friendly. ₦700 and above.
- Belleful Restaurant, 52 Tejuosho rd, yaba, ☏ . 10AM-8PM. Their service type includes: dine in takeaway and no contact delivery. They offer fast food recipes, continental dishes and African cuisines.
- Signature Kitchen, 455 maye st sabo, ☏ . 7AM-6PM. Dine in,take away, delivery.
- Tummyline Restaurant, 436 Murtala Muhammad way, ☏ . 8AM-6PM daily. The offer different kind of African dishes Nigerian dishes fast food and varieties of local foods. Their meal is also pocket friendly.
- White House Restaurant, 9 chapel street, ☏ . 7AM-10PM. Menu includes: amala rice fried rice vegetable sauce Amala and gbegiri, boiled yam and egg sauce, jollof rice, chicken and chips ,egusi plantain sauce boil egg.
- Calabar kitchen, Marda barracks officer mess, ☏ . 9AM-10PM daily. They have different kind of Calabar efik and delta state cuisines goat stew and other dishes.
Service Type:Dine-in Take away Delivery.
Yaba is a very fun place to be, hence there are a lot of places to drink, on most streets inside Yaba, there are spots to drink. As a tourist, once you get into Yaba, just take a walk around the area and you will find amazing places where you can drink.
- Nspri Guest Houses, 32-38, Barikisu Iyede Street, Off University (UNILAG) Road, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. A very beautiful guest house to sleep in Yaba, Lagos. Nice environment with good facilities. from ₦10,000.
- Efex Hotel, Murtala Muhammed Way, ☏ . A very beautiful Hotel to sleep in Yaba, Lagos. Nice environment with good facilities. from ₦6,800.