Many travellers seek out landmarks for travel photography or things to see such as architecture, museums and art galleries, botanical gardens, caves, castles, temples, theme parks, cathedrals and historic monuments.
To avoid crowds, go to popular attractions as early in the morning as you can. Well-known attractions like the Roman Forum in Rome or Fushimi Inari Temple in Kyoto will be really crowded in the middle of the day, but if you arrive first thing in the morning when the other tourists are just waking up, you'll have much more peace and quiet while you explore. Not to mention better photo opportunities without other people getting in the way.
- See also cultural attractions
- See also natural attractions
- Hot springs
- National parks in various regions
- Northern Lights and the Midnight sun
- Solar eclipses
- UNESCO World Heritage List, Geoparks Network and Biosphere Reserves
- Whale watching and wildlife watching