Eskdale Green is a small village in Cumbria at one end of the Eskdale Valley.
It can be found when travelling by car from Holmrook on the western coast of Cumbria or more popularly by train from Ravenglass. The Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, better known as the La'al Ratty, winds its way from Ravenglass on the coast through the valley of Eskdale past Eskdale Green and terminates at Dalegarth for Boot station.
Boot is but a stones throw from the terminus of the railway and is probably of more interest to the traveler. The hamlet of Boot has an old corn mill in the heart but wander south away from the mill to find the little old church by the river. The only sounds to be heard are the water, the birds and probably the odd sheep.
- 1 Hardknott Roman Fort, Hardknott Pass, CA19 1TH (about 5 miles east of Eskdale Gren). reasonable daylight hours. Remains of a Roman fort built between about 120 and 138, on a Roman road through the Hardknott Pass. free.
- 2 Eskdale Mill. Volunteer run working water mill. The earliest recorded history of the mill is 1294, when the annual rent was 19s6d (98p).