city in and county seat of Freestone County, Texas, United States
Fairfield is a city in Texas.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 1:40PM local time and lasts 4 min. Chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio then through Texas into Arkansas.
- 1 Freestone County Historical Museum, 302 E Main St, ☏ . W, F-Sa 10AM-4PM. Consists of a gallery building built in 2007 plus four historic buildings, including the old county jail built in 1857 that is original to the site, and two log cabins built in 1845 and 1852 that were moved to the site from elsewhere. The museum contains local artifacts from around the county, along with temporary exhibitions and genealogical records. $3.
- 1 Days Inn, 603 W Hwy 84, ☏ , fax: . Outdoor pool, free breakfast, free wireless internet available. No pets. $85+.
- 2 La Quinta Inn, 1010 W Commerce St, ☏ . Indoor pool, fitness center, guest laundry, free breakfast, and free wireless internet available. All rooms include a microwave and mini-fridge. Pets welcome. $90+.
- 3 Super 8, 370 I-45 E, ☏ , fax: . Fitness center, hot tub, outdoor pool, free breakfast, and free wireless internet available. No pets. $70+.
|Routes through Fairfield|
|Dallas ← Mustang ←||N S||→ Jct W E → Huntsville → Houston|
|Abilene ← Waco ←||W E||→ Palestine → Mansfield|