- Cedar Creek Reservoir
- Fairfield Lake State Park
- Lake Tawakoni
- Lake Ray Hubbard
- Lavon Lake
- Richland Chambers Reservoir
The Blackland Prairie begins at the Red River on the Oklahoma border as far west as Lake Texoma and east beyond Paris, and cuts a swath to the southwest, almost reaching Austin in the Hill Country. Along the way, it wraps around the east side of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, flanked by the Cross Timbers on the west, the Piney Woods on the east, and the Post Oak Savannah on the south.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 crosses this area at about 1:40PM local time. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico to enter the US at Del Rio then through Texas into Arkansas.
- 1 Old Fort Parker Historic Site - Where Cynthia Parker, along with her brother John, was abducted by the Comanches and eventually intermarried and had a son, the famous Quanah Parker.
- Czech Stop and Little Czech Bakery (Exit 353 off of I-35). This shop, perched on the edge of the small Czech immigrant community of West, is perhaps the most famous roadside rest stop in the state. In addition to some of the best kolaches outside the mother land, they sell good deli sandwiches as well. Its location halfway between Dallas and Austin makes it a great spot to stretch your legs and have a snack.