|This is the imported user page of user Paul N. Richter, Paul Richter on wikitravel.org/en. All contributions that this user had made on Wikitravel up until August 2012 were imported. The imported revisions of this contributor are labelled as "(WT-en) Paul Richter".|
|Read more about the Migration from Wikitravel.|
I'm a native of Tokyo, Japan, and that's my home. I previously spent 15 years living in Seattle, Washington with very frequent visits to Portland, Oregon (but incredibly not a single one to Vancouver, British Columbia).
I tend to see the world in three-month chunks:
- 1990 - Ten weeks of Eurailing and hosteling in Europe, five months after the Berlin Wall fell: Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, United Kingdom
- 1997 - Three months bicycling through Southeast Asia : Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Hong Kong, China, Macau
- 2000 - Three months criscrossing Brazil by bus
- 2004/2005/2006 - A total of 5 months (so far) working in Sweden, with visits to Denmark and Norway.
- 2004 - Flying to the complete opposite side of the world and back - Bolivia
- 2005 - Discovering Japan for a change! A week in Yaeyama
- 2007 - A pitifully short visit to Shanghai.
- 2008 - Saipan.
- 2011 - Return to Brazil
- every 3 years or so - Seattle, Portland, and Corvallis
Prospective future destinations??
Other travel-related topics I'm interested in :
- Public transportation
- Bicycling (non-competitive)
- Exotic foods, especially insects
- Languages and writing systems
I work as a software engineer, but I've given up on gaining significant expertise in that area. I go by the same name on Wikipedia.
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|