To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub tagging → Article status
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing!
Very nice to have another New Yorker here, and thanks for your edits so far! I did have to revert your addition of a video, though, because this site doesn't allow those. See Wikivoyage:Image policy#Other media. Allowing videos has been discussed, for example in the Wikivoyage talk:Image policy/archive 2014-2019#Audio files thread and Wikivoyage talk:Image policy/archive 2014-2019#Animated Gifs v2. So if you'd like to broach the subject again at Wikivoyage talk:Image policy, it would probably be a good idea to look through those threads first.
All the best,
- Ok, let me put an extra photo instead GK tramrunner RU (talk) 01:28, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
- Also, I removed the video from Russian version of the article about New York City. I think WIKIPedia will keep it.GK tramrunner RU (talk) 01:47, 25 August 2021 (UTC)
- I don't read Russian, so I have no idea what Russian Wikivoyage's video policies are. Different language Wikivoyages set their own policies according to each community's consensus. You may want to research whether videos are allowed there. Nelson Ricardo 2500 (talk) 02:09, 25 August 2021 (UTC)