Vejle is on the main Copenhagen–Aarhus–Ålborg train line with several departures every hour. It is a stop for all trains passing through, including InterCityLyn (ICL) from Copenhagen Airport, and ICE (InterCity Europe) trains from Hamburg and Berlin.
Vejle is the close to motorway E45, which passes on the Vejle bridge. This is one of the rare places in Jutland with regular traffic jams.
Vejle Taxa, ☏ .
The local buses go from the trafikcenter at the train station
- St. Nicolai Church. Old church. See the exhibited Haraldskær Woman, a well-preserved Iron Age Nordic mummy.
- Vejle Rådhus. The city hall of Vejle. No public access unfortunately.
- Den Smidtske Gård, Søndergade 14. Old courtyard in a restored timber-framed merchants house from 1799. Cafe Conrad and a branch of Vejle Museum is located here. This is one of the only medieval buildings in Vejle, before the rapid industrialisation of the late 1800s.
Vejle City Hall
Bølgen (The Wave). A modern iconic residential building at the harbour front.
Den Hvide Facet. Vejle has several iconic modern buildings.
Bryggen, shopping centre and recreational harbour front.
Musikteatret, a cultural center for music and theatre.
The stream of Vejle Å cuts through the city.
Økolariet, a regional center for organic production.
Den Smidtske Gård.
St Nicholas' Church
Haraldskær Woman on display in a glass-covered sarcophagus.
- Vejle Kunstmuseum. Art museum with a broad selection from medical Dürer and Rembrandt to abstract expressionism. A sizeable collection of Danish painters, in particular from the Golden Age.
- Kulturmuseet Spinderihallerne. Engage in the history of Vejle.
- Albuen (the elbow). A beach park in the city center. Relax and enjoy the beach life, take a swim or paddle along in a canoe.
- Trekantsområdets Festuge. A ten-day regional culture festival every year in late August.
Vejle is home to Vejle Boldklub Kolding, an old football club formerly known just as Vejle Boldklub. The club has played its home games at Vejle Stadium since 2008 with a location in the heart of the Nørreskov in the city centre. The club has won 5 titles as Danish champions and 6 Danish Cup titles, although the last title was won in 1984. The club is known for players such as Allan Simonsen and Thomas Gravesen, both born in Vejle. Vejle is also the club where the famous Danish forward Preben Elkjær retired.
Vejle is also known for hosting the Danish UCI Continental Circuit Post Danmark Rundt. 14 out of the 22 times that the race has been held in Vejle, Vejle has been the finishing city of a stage. The finish line is located at the end of Kiddesvej, a steep road for Danish conditions, located in the city centre. In 2012, stars such as Tom Boonen, Andre Greipel and Mark Cavendish competed in the roads of Vejle.
Albuen, a beach park in the city center.
- Strøget. A long street in the pedestrianised centre lined with historic buildings, cafés, restaurants and specialty boutiques, ideal for shopping. Most larger Danish cities have a "strøget" street.
- [dead link] Vejle Bryghus, Dæmningen 42 G, ☏ . Vejle's largest brewery.
- Vejle Vandrehjem (Vejle Youth & Family Hostel), Vardevej 485 (6 km outside Vejle center; bus No. 2 goes there 1-2 times an hour), ☏ , fax: , email@example.com. Check-out: 22:00. bring IH card. You can rent linen for kr 50 or bring your own. depends on number of people in a room, kr 200 in a shared room.
- Vejle Fjord, Sanatorievej 26, Stouby, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Hotel, conference center, spa, and restaurant outside Vejle at the fjord.
- Haraldskær, Skibetvej 140, ☏ , email@example.com. Hotel and restaurant outside Vejle close to nature which gives a relaxing experience.
- 1 Scandic Jacob Gade, Flegborg 8, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. New-built mid-range hotel attached to the Vejle Music Theatre, next to the City Park. Rooms are efficiently designed, and large for Scandinavia. 700 m from the railway station.
- 2 Best Western Torvehallerne, Fiskergade 2-8, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Best Western Torveallerne is located in the heart of Vejle only 2 minutes walk from the trainstation.
- Legoland theme park as well as Lalandia, a giant indoor waterpark with several other activities in Billund, about 30 km from Vejle.
- Givskud Zoo lion park, located 20 km outside Vejle. The zoo has a wide range of animals; worth mentioning is lions, rhinos, gorillas, giraffes, elephant and wolves.
- Jelling, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The old Danish capital with the Jelling stones and burial mound is ca 15 minutes north on the Struer train line, kr 16.
- Sculpture park by Robert Jacobsen.
- Jernalderlandsbyen (The Iron Age Village), a large reconstructed Iron Age village with engaging activities for the whole family.
|Routes through Vejle|
|Aalborg ← Horsens ←||N S||→ Kolding → Hamburg|