The community portal is a central place for working together on Wikivoyage. Are you new to the project? Welcome! Wikivoyage is the free worldwide travel guide that you can edit. Start contributing right now – we need your knowledge, your experience, your talent, and your attention. If you want to get more involved in the project, start out by reading through the links on this page, including our goals and the Manual of style. If you still have questions, just ask! We're hanging out in the pub. Virtual drinks on the house!
Policies and guidelines
- The traveller comes first
- The core underlying principle of Wikivoyage is that it is written for the benefit of travellers. The question "what is best for the traveller" should always guide decision making.
- Goals and non-goals
- Our goal is to create a free, complete, up-to-date and reliable world-wide travel guide. This policy page gives you important information on what we are, and what we are not.
- In Wikivoyage, almost all decisions are made by achieving consensus rather than voting — so state your arguments and build consensus for debatable matters.
- Plunge forward
- Don't worry about being perfect or making mistakes. If something needs to be done, do it. Jump in and make useful edits to articles.
- Manual of style
- Our Manual of style is a collection of rules of thumb and guidelines for giving Wikivoyage articles a consistent look and feel.