Welcome to the Arrivals Lounge
The Arrivals Lounge is a place where learners on Wikivoyage can ask questions about the website; in particular, questions about formatting, templates, or any problems or concerns. Experienced users can answer their questions and help them learn more about how to use the website.
To start a new topic, click the button below entitled "Click here to ask a new question", so that the new topic gets added at the bottom of the page, and sign your post by appending four tildes (~~~~). To see the archives, please visit the archive for the month you are looking for. For example, Wikivoyage:Arrivals lounge/Archives/2018/September gets you the archives for September 2018. Archiving is done automatically after one month for a discussion. There is also a page with links to archives; see Wikivoyage:Arrivals lounge/Archives.
Formatting my first contributionEdit
Hi. So I've just done my first review of a cafe and I'm trying to work out how to make the name of the cafe, bold and do the margins so they match the style of the rest of the page. Anyone help?
I'm sure this must've been answered somewhere else but I can't find it.
- Hi Onceweretrees, easiest is to click on the "Add listing" button. Then you get a mask where you can fill in all the details. Cheers, --Renek78 (talk) 08:46, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- Yep, you will need to use the listing template. Just putting in "name=" won't do anything, as you've probably found out by now. Either do as Renek78 advises (easiest way on desktop), or copy and paste another listing, replacing each field with details of the café you're adding (easiest way on mobile). Let us know if you get stuck. Welcome to Wikivoyage! --ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 11:10, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
Inquiry on Wikivoyage developer proceduresEdit
We're Korean tech. startup called 'Pintween' on travel space and building mobile app at this moment. Pintween would like to utilize wonderful assets and datasets of the Wikivoyage to serve potential audiences for our app.
Could you guide us how to access the data and the dev guideline for us to start?
Or if there is any specific contact I can talk to, it would be wonderful to let us to be connected
Looking forward to hearing back from you. You can drop me a line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheers JaeSung Co-founder Pintween 188.8.131.52 09:15, 6 December 2019 (UTC)
- Annyeong and welcome! Wikivoyage:How to re-use Wikivoyage guides can give you some useful advice to get started. If you have questions related to code and such, I think User:Traveler100, User:RolandUnger, User:Matroc and User:Andree.sk can help you (or they can point you to someone who does). --Ypsilon (talk) 09:38, 6 December 2019 (UTC)
- Go to the home page of the user you want to contact, and look on the left hand panel for "Email this user". Ground Zero (talk) 03:47, 13 December 2019 (UTC)
- And only for users who have enabled receiving mail from other users, and only from users who have done the same, if I remember correctly. Register your e-mail, enable getting e-mail (you have done that, but somebody else might not) and find the link in the panel of your user page. Then you know where to look for it and immediately see if it is absent for some user. --LPfi (talk) 08:19, 13 December 2019 (UTC)