Welcome to the Arrivals Lounge
The Arrivals Lounge is a place where learners on Wikivoyage can ask questions about the website; in particular, questions about formatting, templates, or any problems or concerns. Experienced users can answer their questions and help them learn more about how to use the website.
To start a new topic, click the button below entitled "Click here to ask a new question", so that the new topic gets added at the bottom of the page, and sign your post by appending four tildes (~~~~). To see the archives, please visit the archive for the month you are looking for. For example, Wikivoyage:Arrivals lounge/Archives/2018/September gets you the archives for September 2018. Archiving is done automatically after one month for a discussion.
There are two pages about Cuernavaca in Wikivoyage. They're nearly identical. One (with ads and better pictures) shows up in a Google search, while the other (with more up-to-date and complete information) links to Wikipedia. How can these be merged?Michael E Nolan (talk) 16:08, 5 March 2019 (UTC)Michael E Nolan
- Hi, Michael. I think you'll find that the article "with ads and better pictures" is on Wikitravel, not Wikivoyage. Wikivoyage is a project fork of Wikitravel hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, which is the organisation Wikipedia belongs to. Wikivoyage has a much larger editing community than Wikitravel, is more up-to-date, and is genuinely free from commercial interests. However, due to being there first, Wikitravel remains the more-visited website, despite the presence of ads, a ton of outdated information and more spam than it can cope with. Read Wikivoyage and Wikitravel for more information.
- If I'm wrong about this, please link the two Cuernavaca articles you have found on WV.
- Welcome to Wikivoyage :-) Best wishes, ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 16:52, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, TT is right that the articles are on different sites which have names that may, at first, seem similar. The Wikitravel article is at , compared to the Wikivoyage version which should, but doesn't yet, have any picture at the top of the page (called a pagebanner). --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 23:40, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
- We do not have any article on the topic, or any organized information on it. I suppose one could write a travel topic on the history of piracy and relevant sights. Many ports have been used by pirates, so I am not trying to answer your question, but Wikipedia certainly has a lot of relevant material. See w:Piracy to get going. --LPfi (talk) 08:56, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
- On a separate note, @SiphokaziDlomo1: a couple things:
- Thanks for coming here to ask this question? If you have any other questions, any experienced Wikivoyage users will be happy to help.
- In future, please sign your comments. To expand on this, at the end of any comments you make (talk pages only), add four tildes (which look like this: ~~~~). This will add your username and time of the comment for you, so it is clear to everyone who said a comment and when they said it. Thanks! --Comment by Selfie City (talk | contributions) 00:59, 9 March 2019 (UTC)