The District Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to ensure cities that need districtifying are properly districtified, no area is uncovered and all districts are at least "usable". If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Cities which contain districtsEdit
Article statistics for DistrictsEdit
As of December 2018
As of January 2018
|Category:Articles with dead external links||36||331||108||11||486|
|Category:Articles with formerly dead external links||7||77||0||0||84|
- Get the number of outline districts to zero
- Have no redlinks in any city's district layout
- Ensure that a "districts" subheading is followed by a concise, logical unambiguous district layout with a map and links
- Bring current district discussions to some satisfactory conclusion
Key districts that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them:
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to other's attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
Articles tagged with "districts discussion"Edit
Existing redlinking districts or proposals for new district layouts; note that in some cases an entire rethinking of the district layout may be necessary as the redlinks are not always the only problem with some district layouts.
Note that no listings need to be added if no options exist, but there should be a brief explanation of that fact
- usabledistrict without See listing
- usabledistrict without Eat listing
- usabledistrict without Sleep listing
- usabledistrict without Do listing
- usabledistrict without Drink listing
- usabledistrict without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom
- phone format
- phone country code
- Articles with dead external links
- Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed
- Airport code without link
- Cities with categories that are not huge cities based on Category:Cities with categories.
- Wikivoyage:Collaboration of the month February 2018 - remove dead links from district articles that are guide or star status.
- December 16, 2017 expedition started
- January 24, 2018 all city article categories that are not huge cities removed; articles moved, reclassified or merged. (was over 50).