Łeba[dead link] (pronounced 'Webah') is a resort city in Pomerania on the Baltic coast with a wide sandy beach. The Slowinski National Park, featuring the biggest sand dunes in Europe, is situated to the west of Łeba.
The nearest airports are Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport[dead link] and Szczecin-Goleniów Airport.
From Gdańsk or Szczecin by the route E28 to Lębork and then north to the coast by the 214.
There are regular train connections from Lębork several times a day during the summer peak season - usually every hour or second hour. The journey takes an hour. A few trains per day runs all the way from Gdynia.
- 1 Łeba railway station.
There are regular minibus services operated by Boguś Bus [formerly dead link] between Lębork and Łeba.
- ul. Jachtowa 1, tel. +48 59 8661460, 8661530, 8662973
- 54°46.0' N 17°33.5' E
- Radio: VHF 12, 16, 17
- Maximal units: up to 18 meters long (yachts), up to 24 meters long (motor). Price/24h: yacht up to 5.5m: 11zł, 5,5-10m: 20zł, 10-13m: 35zł, 13-17m: 43zł, 17-20m: 50zł, etc... Electricity: 6zł, water 3zł. Hostel: Jul-Aug 170zł/90zł kid (120/70 zł off season)
- Water and electricity supply to yacht. Bar, WC, showers, laundry, sauna, hostel.
- See: http://www.portjachtowy.vit.pl/[dead link] Also Port Jachtowy link on http://www.leba.pl/[dead link] (in Polish). Follow into Port Morski link to see navigation map [dead link].
Łeba is a small town - it is easiest to navigate by foot or by bike. There are many bicycle rental shops in the town (prices start from 20 zł per person per day).
There is a tourist information centre in the Listopada Street. To get there, after getting off the minibus at the railway station, walk straight ahead to the roundabout, turn right and the tourist information centre will be on your right hand side a few metres ahead next to the library.
- water sports, windsurfing
- horse riding
- [dead link] Łeba kwatery Amber Sylwia, Ul.Kwiatowa 16, ☏ +48 598661894.
- Inter Camp 84, Ul. Turystyczna 10, ☏ +48 59 8662230. Shop, showers with hot water, TV room, kids playground, tourist kitchen.
- Gdańsk - Pomeranian city with a beautiful old town and the biggest Gothic brick church worldwide
- Sopot - a sea resort with the longest European mole
- Gdynia - a sea resort and the biggest Polish Baltic port
- Puck - a sea resort
- Elbląg - a large town with history that dates back to the Middle Ages
- Frombork - a sea resort and medieval town, with the grave of Nicolaus Copernicus
- Kadyny - a small seaside village
- Slowinski National Park with the biggest dunes in Europe
- Jastrzebia Gora - a sea resort
- Rozewie - a sea resort
- Władysławowo - a sea resort
- Koszalin - medieval town
- Kołobrzeg - a sea resort and medieval town
- Ustka - a sea resort
- Rowy - a sea resort
- Mielno - a sea resort
- Darłowo - a sea resort
On the Hel Peninsula: Chałupy , Jastarnia, Jurata and Hel are little sea resorts that are popular destinations for summer vacations.
On the Vistula Peninsula:
- Krynica Morska - sea resort