If you want to discuss a topic, please create a new one and sign with 4 tildes (~) in a row. Thank you.
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.
- Thank you for your kind message! I'm fairly new to the wiki world and all of its editing possibilities, so bear with me if there's anything incorrect about something that needs to be corrected. If you have any questions regarding the pages I edited, do not hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you! ibhi19 (talk) 11:10, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
7-Eleven in IndonesiaEdit
Hi, Ibhi19. Do I understand you correctly to be saying that no 7-Eleven stores are in business in Indonesia anymore? If that's the case, the chain's name shouldn't be mentioned at all in the Indonesia guide.
- Hello Ikan! Correct. since July 2017 there are no 7-eleven stores in Jakarta, Depok, and Bekasi anymore, although there are some rumors the franchise will be bought by another company. It remains unclear, whether it's going to happen in the foreseeable future. Jump to Article: Why 7-Eleven is closing in Indonesia. Best regards, ibhi19 (talk) 13:43, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
- OK, I've deleted the mention of the chain. Next time (if there's a next time), you can delete a name of a defunct business. Terima kasih,
Islands of Indonesia are the best in the worldEdit
To island-hop some of the most beautiful havens in the world, book a trip to Asia, which lays claim to six of this year’s top 15 destinations.
Java, with a population of 140 million, makes its first appearance on this list. Celebrated for its ancient culture, breathtaking vistas, and UNESCO World Heritage sites like the Borobudur Temple Compounds, the island also offers the opportunity to indulge in modernity (five-star hotels abound). Waterfalls, volcanoes, protected parks, and white-sand beaches also allow visitors to get away from the thrum.
My suggestion contribution: In 2018 Travel and Leisure reader's choice put 3 islands in Indonesia as number 1, 2 and 3 as the best island in the world. It are Java island, Bali island and Lombok island. Java beats Bali because completeness of Java island which includes top cities, cruise ships, spas and airlines. Has waterfalls, volcanoes, protected parks and white-sand beaches.
Maybe touting suggestion contribution, no need to include if touting: Furthermore, 5 hotels in Indonesia are among of Top 100 Hotels in the World and 3 of them are the best ten with Four Seasons Resort Sayan Bali is the first.
- Alright, I appreciate your research on other useful information, regarding the "Understand" section on Indonesia, but is it really that necessary to put it in there? You can, but there's no need to put the "Travel and Leisure" name to affirm readers' belief on Indonesia. If you want to really promote the tourism – which we should do as Indonesians – try to paraphrase it in a way that the article wouldn't be associated with a company's name. Try to look at other articles here in wikivoyage, and you'll see almost no article includes the name of a reading magazine/travel website as the main point to prove one's worth of visit.
- I can give you an example like this:
- Indonesia boasts some of the world's best islands worth visiting because of the vast and abundant choices for the travellers to enjoy...(continue from here with your own sentences)
- As many users mentioned before, if you do want to contribute as much as you can, try at least using proper/correct English sentences (not just ripping it from google translate and then arrange it the way only most Indonesians can understand). Try to install a grammar corrector plug-in/add-on on your browser to let it analyse your sentences and reduce typos. ibhi19 (talk) 00:16, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you, I understand clearly what is touting, however I'll do my best to give the current situation. Development of tourism in Indonesia is very fast. Not only Bali, but many places of Indonesia. Foreign tourists initial to understand that Indonesia is not Bali only. Bali has no karst caves, Java has tens of it. And adventurism, nature tourism and ecotourism initial to offer and foreign young generation like it. Bali has only Mount Agung and Mount Batur, Java has tens, blue flame in Ijen Crater is the special ones, only two sites in the wold have it. Hike/climb mount Rinjani in Lombok has to registered first and queue for it. Surfing in Bali is for beginners, who want more challenge go to Banyuwangi in Java or go to Mentawai in Sumatra. Komodo Islands are growth rapidly, not for see Komodo only, but mainly for diving in strong current and to see manta and mola fish. They can spend time until a week for diving in many points, but only a half day to see Komodo. Manado, North Sulawesi in the northern Indonesia initial to attract tourists from China without visit Bali at all. Croatia, finalist of FIFA World Cup 2018 has 4 million population and 20 percent of its GDP comes from tourism. Indonesia can get more from tourism and not from Bali only.Gsarwa (talk) 05:45, 15 July 2018 (UTC)
- It's good, really, coming from you expressing your concern for Indonesian tourism in general. Please, do explain this concern of yours and promote other tourist destinations in Indonesia page and their respective pages then, stressing the importance of Indonesia not just about Bali, Komodo Islands, Bunaken, and Raja Ampat, but also other potential tourist destinations Indonesia can offer. Keep it brief and simple without touting and you'll mostly be fine. Do correct your grammar, typos etc before and after you post changes on the page. Otherwise, your edits will end up being reverted again by other experienced contributors. ibhi19 (talk) 07:52, 15 July 2018 (UTC)