To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page.
If you are a Wikipedian then you may notice some differences in policies and the style of our articles. These include:
- NPOV → be fair (not quite the same thing!)
- be bold → plunge forward
- Village pump → travellers' pub
- External links → We do not use a separate external links section, but incorporate primary links only into the text itself.
- sandbox → graffiti wall
- stub notes → Article status notes
It may also be very useful for you to check out Wikivoyage:Welcome, Wikipedians. If you need help, take a look at Wikivoyage:Help, or else post a message in the travellers' pub or on my talk page. Thanks for contributing!--ϒpsilon (talk) 06:03, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
Information in listingsEdit
Hi, and thanks a lot for adding listings to articles about places in the Philippines, but some of your listings are merely a name. Please add location information, contact information and all other useful information you can find. Thanks a lot.
- Hi, We are planning to do editing workshop in some of those areas just like what we did in Tacloban, Catbalogan, Catarman and Guiuan. It is useful to inform the locals about the existence of wikivoyage and to teach them how to edit since they are usually more knowledgeable about their areas than outsiders do. :) --JinJian (talk) 08:41, 4 March 2016 (UTC)
Hi, and thanks so much for continuing to add more content and start more articles about places in the Philippines!
Relatively minor point, but I think we should be careful about adding too many images to an article, such that they extend beyond the end of the article's text, as on the Basey page. If loads more content is added to that article, such that it can hold all those images comfortably, great! Otherwise, there's always the Commons link for people who would like to see more photos of the town.
All the best,