User talk:Prof tpms
More on PhotosEdit
- In most cases, there is no other choice, and that's where we're most indebted to you for taking photos! In the case of the Mysore Palace, there were many photos on Commons, and I chose a good one that was distant and therefore wasn't blocked in any way by people in the crowd, who were part of the photo but don't distract the viewer in any way. Ikan Kekek (talk) 09:08, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Dear Ikan Kekek, Mysore is a beautiful city, if you can keep away from the touristy places. The frequently visited places are all crowded and taking a photograph without someone in the middle is virtually impossible. The residential suburbs of Mysore are very sweet with people having a laid back culture. They get up at eight in the morning, work only a few hours and are always found in parks and gardens. With regards,--Prof TPMS (talk) 14:13, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
Dear Ikan Kekek, like in the novel ʽThe City & the Cityʼ of China Miéville, every city has two faces. One is touristy, commercialized or crowded and not a single photograph is possible. Another is beautiful and cultured and you want to take out your camera very often. Mysore become that self by 6.30 am and loses it by 6.45 am when the traffic and the crowds begin to appear. Prof TPMS (talk) 00:00, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
Copying from WikipediaEdit
Hello, Prof, and thanks as always for the useful content you so diligently add to articles!
However, please remember that it's a violation of Wikivoyage policy and Wikipedia's Creative Commons license to copy entire paragraphs without credit. In addition, copying WP content including links that are irrelevant and become red links on Wikivoyage is always a bad idea. As a result, I reverted this edit. Please summarize and paraphrase as appropriate, remove useless or irrelevant links, and mention in your edit summary that you have taken content from w:Hosur. Thanks.
All the best,
Too many photosEdit
Hi, Prof. Don't you think Mandya (district) has too many images now? Two are fully below what would otherwise be the end of the article. Do you plan on adding lots of content to the article very soon? Ikan Kekek (talk) 02:19, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
I look forward to that.
- All the best,
- Hi. It looks to me like you're going overboard with the photos again. After your edits to Mysore (district), the last two photos extend beyond the end of the article on my browser. I think it would be more useful to visitors for you to concentrate on adding more content, rather than trying to fit too many photos into articles with little content. Ikan Kekek (talk) 08:00, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- You mean the last photo. But there were two photos that went beyond the article; now there's one. I don't want to just delete that photo; I'd like you to please decide which image is least important, delete that one, and make sure the last photo isn't as low as it now is. Ikan Kekek (talk) 07:22, 3 October 2016 (UTC)
- Dear Ikan Kekek, in the page Mysore (district), the photograph of the silk saree is aligned against the bottom of the 'eat' section and three other sections like Drink, Stay Safe and Go Next still hangs below that last photograph. I am speaking of my ordinary 15 laptop. So I can't imagine what you are saying. Prof TPMS (talk) 09:49, 3 October 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for your edits to Tumkur. They are a big improvement to the article. It would be really helpful, though, if you could provide at least address information for the hotels you have added. Telephone, email, website information would be really worth adding, too, if it is available. The listings don't help travellers if they can't find the hotels. Regards, Ground Zero (talk) 01:25, 5 July 2017 (UTC)