User talk:Ground Zero
- 1 Happy New Year!
- 2 Rollback
- 3 readony?
- 4 "Told effective 1 March 2019"?
- 5 Airport ground transportation
- 6 Coach Canada rebranded as Megabus
- 7 VIA Rail services
- 8 Presto tickets
- 9 Wikipedia T-shirt
- 10 I'd like a second opinion ...
- 11 WP:UAA equivalent?
- 12 Second Opinion.
- 13 Second Opinion on User:Roadstoves1?
- 14 A goat for you!
- 15 A thank you
- 16 Presto tickets - Phase 2
- 17 Community Insights Survey
- 18 Reminder: Community Insights Survey
- 19 Are you in the UK at the moment?
- 20 Reminder: Community Insights Survey
- 21 An award for you!
- 22 Module:FastWikidata
- 23 kilometres/kilometers
Happy New Year!Edit
WRT to https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=New_Zealand&diff=3729973&oldid=3729359, what is a readony? Is that a typo? cheers. Nurg (talk) 09:28, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
"Told effective 1 March 2019"?Edit
WRT https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=Driving_in_New_Zealand&curid=10059&diff=3729982&oldid=3729981 "Told effective 1 March 2019". Should that be "Tolls" rather than "Told"? Nurg (talk) 09:32, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
Airport ground transportationEdit
Coach Canada rebranded as MegabusEdit
VIA Rail servicesEdit
However, could you please comment on Talk:Toronto#VIA Rail services. I would appreciate some feedback before deleting Toronto#VIA Rail services. Thanks. TheTrolleyPole (talk) 20:49, 2 April 2019 (UTC)
Hi, Ground Zero. You do such a lot of thorough MOSing edits. Have you ever been awarded a free Wikipedia t-shirt? Let me know. If you haven't, I'll nominate you. It's a nice shirt, and would be a tangible token of appreciation for all your great work!
All the best,
I'd like a second opinion ...Edit
https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=St_Ives&diff=prev&oldid=3784249 Good call or not? ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 15:51, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- Wikivoyage:Vandalism in progress - is that what you are looking for? I'm not sure if a lot of admins are watching that. You could use the pub, too. Thanks for your vigilance. Ground Zero (talk) 10:24, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
- I always see posts at Wikivoyage:Vandalism in progress when I'm patrolling, because they appear in recent changes. Ikan Kekek (talk) 14:39, 25 May 2019 (UTC)
https://en.wikivoyage.org/w/index.php?title=Bhandardara&diff=prev&oldid=3790862, Removed an edit that looked a bit iffy, Good call? ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 16:38, 2 June 2019 (UTC)
Second Opinion on User:Roadstoves1?Edit
- His will be a third opinion. I'd delete it immediately and post the "tout" template on User talk:Roadstoves1 right away. I'm sure Ground Zero will do the same thing, but for the hell of it, I'll wait, so he can see the link you're asking about. Ikan Kekek (talk) 10:38, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
A goat for you!Edit
Thanks for your welcoming! :)
Discussion moved to Talk:Eastern Townships.
A thank youEdit
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|Thanks for all the work you've done splitting Japan into multiple topics and pruning content from the main article. It's been a bunch of work, but the results speak for themselves: the shortened article has become a much better overview of the country, pared down to just the essentials, while the details are split out for readers who want them. Thank you for taking the lead in advocating for this reorganization and for all the work you did to make it happen! --Bigpeteb (talk) 20:10, 6 August 2019 (UTC)|
Presto tickets - Phase 2Edit
Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 14:34, 9 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 19:13, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
Are you in the UK at the moment?Edit
- Thank you! Just a brief visit to see friends, but I'm enjoying it, of course. Ground Zero (talk) 14:07, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- Oh nice, glad to hear you're having fun. Hope you like stormclouds...
- If by chance you find yourself in Guildford, give me a bell, I'll buy you a drink.--ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 17:58, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
- That's very kind. This is just a quick visit to see friends, and I'll be leaving tomorrow. Another time maybe, or if you're in Toronto, I'd like to buy you a drink. Best regards, Ground Zero (talk) 08:19, 26 September 2019 (UTC)
Reminder: Community Insights SurveyEdit
RMaung (WMF) 17:04, 4 October 2019 (UTC)
An award for you!Edit
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|good job. Your hard work has paid off. Zumba Temoco (talk) 16:55, 21 October 2019 (UTC)|
You recently replaced "km" with "kilometers" in the Metro Cebu article. I think we should use "km" exclusively site-wide because it is shorter & avoids nonsense controversies about metre vs meter. I therefore want to revert your edit, but am asking first. Pashley (talk) 05:28, 11 December 2019 (UTC)
- @Pashley: standard writing style in English is to spell out the unit of measure except where it us used with a numeric quantity. Wikivoyage could choose to follow a different style, but it hasn't. Wikivoyage:Measurements says: "Always abbreviate metric units in listings," but is otherwise silent, so I would go with standard English writing style. This may be worth discussing at Wikivoyage talk:Measurements to get tge views of other contributors and propose a change to the style guide. I think you have to think about the phrases "a few meters" or "a few liters", which would be unclear if written as "a few m" or "a few L". Thanks for asking. Regards, Ground Zero (talk) 12:53, 11 December 2019 (UTC)