The Ohio Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Ohio. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for OhioEdit
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 5 Dec. 2019.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
I would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhance the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get an "Sleep" listing and content in the "Get in" of every article.
Key destinations that should be guides but still needs some more content and work done on them.
- Cleveland - Major Ohio city.
- Columbus - Capital of Ohio
- Toledo - A old industrial city. A lot of cultural attractions here.
- Some parts of understand could use rewording to be more appealing to travelers.
- Get around should be expanded.
- A few listings still need geotags.
- Stay Safe should be expanded. (Toledo has above average crime rates.)
- Youngstown - A old industrial city.
- Needs better descriptions for listings
- Needs geolocations for listings.
- Needs more hotel listings
- Cedar Point - Major amusement park
- Mason - Home to Kings Island amusement park.
- Put-in-Bay - Popular vacation island on lake Erie
- Cuyahoga Valley National Park - The only national park in Ohio.
- Ohio prehistoric sites - Major north american native mounds are located in Ohio.
- Hocking Hills State Park - Major state park.
Minor Destinations that have guide potential.
- Hudson - Wealthy suburb of Cleveland with lots of niche shops
- Xenia - The crossroads of a lot of major bike paths. A cyclist's haven.
- Kelley's Island - Popular with Nature lovers and bird watchers
- Wayne National Forest - The only national forest in Ohio.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
- Athens - College Town
- Kent - College Town
- Findlay - Industrial/College Town
- Tiffin - Industrial/College Town
- Yellow Springs - College/Nature town.
Too many ListingsEdit
Articles with way too many listings and not enough content. Ideally these articles should either break their listings up into subcategories or have uninteresting/defunct entries removed, and then have remaining content expanded to be useful
Nothing to doEdit
These articles lack basically anything. They should ideally be expanded so they are of use to travelers, but it might just not be possible.
Current articles under discussion and work in progressEdit
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to other attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Cleanup sub-region text after reorganization.
- Some sub-region maps need updating after reorganization.
- Major towns: -
- To complete regions: -
- Troy is a nice town near Piqua. They have a strawberry festival, a historic tavern, and weird steel houses.
Article ideas and requestsEdit
Unsure if these would benefit many travelers from having an article. All the listed airports below process more then a million people a year.
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport CLE. The largest airport in Ohio, but only the 43rd busiest in the nation.
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport CMH. The second largest airport in Ohio.
- Dayton International Airport DAY. Third busiest airport in Ohio, but only the 73rd busiest in the nation. Hosts the Vectren Dayton Air Show.
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Sleep listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Eat listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without See and Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without See listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Event listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Drink listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Address Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom needed
- Fix Articles with dead external links
- Fix or remove Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed if connection can be made
- Articles Geo different to Wikidata, change geo or wikidata coordinates to match
- Create redirect for Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- Add coordinated to guidecity and guidedistrict See listing without coordinates
- Add coordinated to guidecity, starcity, guidedistrict and stardistrict Listings without coordinates
- region with listing, do they need moving to city articles?
- huge city with listing, do they need moving to district articles?
- Fix external links without text
- Move in to listing where phone icon used, Tel: used, phone: used and + used
- Indented listing not using double bullet format but :*
- At the end of 2018, there are now more usable articles then outline articles.
- In early March 2019, all parks were usable.