To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here. sats (talk) 09:31, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
Chiang Mai listingsEdit
- Fred, Kanjana Restaurant never has any customers that I can see (morning, mid-day). I would delete it. Seligne (talk) 11:01, 26 August 2013 (UTC)
- Seligne, on Tripadvisor they do: Excellent (4x), Very good (5x), Average (1x), Poor (1x) and Terrible (0x). So I think I leave Kanjana on the list for now. When there are more tourists in Chiang Mai, I will take a look. So I suggest mid November (Loi Krathong) to be judgment time. --FredTC (talk) 13:57, 26 August 2013 (UTC)
A barncompass for you!Edit
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|FredTC, thanks for your great work, especially adding coordinates. Don't worry about the finer points of English, I will help with that. I feel like we are a CM team!|
Hi Fred, sorry for deleting the listings and thanks for picking up on it. When the website has died, I would do a Google search and check the major review websites (Tripadvisor, etc.) and see whether the listings have closed or not. I found a website suggesting Viangbua Mansion had closed although clearly it is wrong. In the case of the saloon, the websites suggest it is alive so that was a mistake on my part. Sorry about that.
- @DaGizza: thank you for your explanation. I feared that you were using "webside gone, business gone too" as argument for deletion. Many hotels, restaurants, ..., stop with their websites and are only visible on Tripadvisor-like sites, or Facebook. There is however something strange with the Viangbua Mansion. When you try to book on sites like hotels.com, agoda, there is no availability, whatever dates you enter. So they might have changed their business model. I think one of these days, when I pass them again, I go inside and ask.
- Should they remain listed if they are now limited to long term stay only?
- --FredTC (talk) 08:01, 12 October 2017 (UTC)