The following are destinations that need maps. The Mapmaking Expedition is a project to coordinate map development for Wikivoyage; please refer to that Expedition's standards if you're going to work on one of these maps. See How to draw static maps and How to use dynamic maps for instructions for making your own. The Dynamic maps Expedition is aiming to make user-interactive maps which are less customizable but quicker to implement.
If you know of an article that needs a map, add it to the list below. Try to note the type of map, for example, city map, region map, etc. If you start making one of these maps, please remove it from this list.
Also be sure to check out the Regions map Expedition to see whether someone if working on a map in that Expedition.
- The Wikivoyage stars map need an update.
- On the trail of Marco Polo has a map, but it isn't in English, nor is it in line with our style.
- Western Mongolia region map with national parks, cities, and border crossings.
- Could s'one please make a map for Pune, India.(WT-en) Upamanyuwikivoyage 12:18, 21 December 2006 (EST)
A better dynamic map for Ned Kelly Tourism. Map is okay, but coordinates are only in certain towns, close to each other but the towns are far away from each other.
- Lower Austria doesn't match our visual style
- Tyrol doesn't have a static map to accompany its subdivision (but does have a dynamic map)
- Brussels can do with a static map and more diverse colours (too much blue, colour-blind unfriendly)
- France's regions were reorganised in October 2017 and still need some region maps. Regions without a (updated) static map are:
- The static region maps for Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria aren't colour-blind friendly
- Hesse has subdivisions but lacks a static and/or dynamic map that shows them
- Athens - Districts Map
- Iceland itself has a map with typical colours, but sadly, these aren't colour-blind friendly. Two regions are also missing from the dynamic version
- Dublin One of the few capital without a map
- Małopolskie has five subregions that are badly or partially drawn on the dynamic map (but the region also has an ongoing region discussion that has been dormant since 2014)
- Silesian Voivodeship has subregions that aren't visualised on the dynamic map, nor on a static one
Lisbon — Needs a district map(district discussion is stalled since 2019; a mapmaker has nothing to go on)
- Portugal – The country's regions have been reorganized. Dynamic maps are in use in the country article and all its region articles. It would be great to have static maps for the country and the five top-level mainland/continental regions:
The Wikidata IDs used to produce the dynamic maps may assist in determining boundaries for the static maps.
- Slovakia has three subregions, all of which have subdivisions and static maps, but two of them Western Slovakia and Central Slovakia don't match our visual style. Eastern Slovakia misses context and has a very large font
- Berne Region has a dynamic map that is not colour-blind friendly and could also do with a static version
- Central Switzerland is colour-blind unfriendly and can do with a static map
- Eastern Switzerland has a static map that lacks context (railroads seemingly end no-where and road infrastructure is missing)
- Graubunden does not have its regions on a dynamic map yet
- Northwestern Switzerland is colour-blind unfriendly and can do with a static map
- Surselva needs a map that matches our visual style
- Ticino misses context: Lakes seem to stop at the border of the region and infrastructure is lacking
- Valais has a static map that lacks context (railroads seemingly end no-where and road infrastructure is missing)
- Western Switzerland has a static map that lacks context (railroads seemingly end no-where and road infrastructure is missing)
- Zurich is colour-blind unfriendly and can do with a static map
- Both Manchester and Edinburgh have a district map that is not colorblind-friendly.
- The West Country map has the Isles of Scilly shaded as part of Cornwall, when the article treats them separately. They should be reshaded; not a big change. (mentioned at Talk:West Country). 17:08, 22 November 2018 (UTC)
- Various maps relating to Scotland need fixing both on the country page and on various region pages. The text of place names is so small that even when the maps are blown up to huge sizes they remain illegible and unusable.--ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 15:58, 29 March 2014 (UTC)
- South West doesn't match our visual style
- Scottish Borders doesn't match our visual style
- Central Belt doesn't match our visual style
- Scottish Highlands has a working map, but it is not colour-blind friendly and is overall a busy map
- North East Scotland doesn't match our visual style
- Hebrides Have a colour-blind unfriendly static and dynamic map
- Central Belt doesn't match our visual style
- Shetland doesn't match our visual style
- Ottawa has a crowded dynamic map and can do with a static one... but are Carp and Kanata in (as districts) or out?
- Quebec City
- Edmonton Capital Region
- Edmonton/South Central has an odd adaptation of our visual style
- Saskatchewan needs a new map since it recently went from 3 to 5 top-level regions.
United States of AmericaEdit
- The map for Providence, Rhode Island, doesn't have many details; however, the main problem with it is that the Northern "district" shown on the map is actually a separate city altogether, not currently a district of the city, and the "North and East" district is not shown on the map at all. For more information, see Talk:Providence/North and East.
- Eastern Virginia currently has a piss-poor dynamic map. It needs a color-coded static map. Ikan Kekek (talk) 05:30, 25 March 2019 (UTC)
- Lake Patzcuaro requires a map with the towns surrounding the lake.
- Buenos Aires already has districts in the dynamic map, but lacks a static map
- Torres del Paine needs a static trekking map or GPX trace in the dynamic map
- Quito needs an Old town and Mariscal citymap
- Baños has a crowded dynamic map and can do with a static one
- Cuenca has no dynamic or static map
- Cordillera Blanca needs a static trekking map or GPX trace in the dynamic map
- Cuzco has no static map
- Montevideo has a crowded dynamic map and can do with a static one