Greetings. My name is André Carrotflower. I got my start at the old site, as many of us did, and now I am pleased to be here on Wikivoyage.
"André" is a Gallicization of my given name, Andrew (language, and the French language in particular, is my area of academic study). I use "Carrotflower" in homage to this.
I'm a native of Williamsville, New York who currently resides in the Cold Spring area of Buffalo. In my spare time, I am also an amateur photographer; some of my work can be found gracing the pages to which I've contributed or at commons:Category:Original works by Andre Carrotflower.
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
Completed Wikivoyage projects
- Districting the Buffalo, New York article into seven districts in advance of its term as Destination of the Month — completed May 31, 2015; Buffalo was DotM in June 2015.
Ongoing Wikivoyage projects
- Merging translated information from fr:Gaspésie into Gaspé Peninsula with an eye to featuring the latter as OtBP — in progress, goal for completion is summer 2019.
- Writing itineraries for self-guided tours through some of Buffalo's more interesting neighborhoods, such as downtown, Elevator Alley, Allentown, and the Delaware District — Historic Churches of Buffalo's East Side completed in tandem with Buffalo/East Side on May 31, 2015; others forthcoming.
- Writing articles for Buffalo's six inner-ring suburbs — articles currently exist, but in outline form.
Future Wikivoyage projects
- Reorganizing Buffalo's district articles, further subdividing the current seven overlong district articles (see below) — goal for completion is summer 2019, with a view to a Buffalo district article as OtBP
- Translating the articles for which I am a Docent into French and Spanish for fr: and es: — no particular target date for completion
- October 2018 — return to Montreal and the Laurentides.
- May 2018 — New England Triple Threat: Cape Cod, Newport, Rhode Island, and two all-too-brief days in Boston.
- January 2017 — New York City again.
- September 2016 — Triumphant return to Montréal.
- July 2015 — Ontario: Sauble Beach and the Bruce Peninsula, Georgian Bay, and Northern Ontario including Sudbury and the north shore of Lakes Huron and Superior; Manitoba: Winnipeg and Grand Beach; various places in the U.S. Midwest
- December 2012 — Birmingham, Alabama.
- June-July 2012 — Québec: Montréal, the Laurentides, Québec City, Côte de Beaupré, Île d'Orléans, Bas-Saint-Laurent, Gaspé Peninsula; Ontario: Ottawa.
- October 2011 — Rust Belt Super Spectacular: Northwest Pennsylvania, northern Ohio, Detroit area, Southwestern Ontario.
- July 2010 — New York City and Long Island.
Future travel plans
Areas of expertise
I am the docent of the Wikivoyage articles on Buffalo, New York (and its districts) and Clarence, New York, with more to come in the future. In addition to this, I have a good working knowledge of the Niagara Frontier region of New York State (in particular Erie and Niagara Counties), the Regional Municipality of Niagara in Ontario, and (of course) Québec. Any fellow Wikivoyagers who need information or assistance on these topics are encouraged to leave me a message on my Talk page.
Links for my own use
- User:AndreCarrotflower/To-Do List — listings, etc. to be added to Buffalo and/or district articles
- User:AndreCarrotflower/New Carlisle — to be added to Bonaventure#Go next after creation of that article
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Buffalo Districts Reorganization — see above
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Midtown-Near East Side
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Delaware District
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Lower West Side
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Upper West Side
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Black Rock-Riverside
- User:AndreCarrotflower/East Central
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Northeast Buffalo
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Future articles to create — self-explanatory
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Modern architecture in Buffalo and vicinity
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Art Deco and Streamline Moderne architecture in Buffalo and vicinity — several blurbs on Streamline Moderne-style buildings excised from a previous version of the above article on modern architecture
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Prairie style architecture in Buffalo: Frank Lloyd Wright and His Imitators — similar to the above; a pair of blurbs regarding buildings done in a conscious imitation of FLW's aesthetic that were excised from a previous version of the modern architecture itinerary
- User:AndreCarrotflower/Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee Tour — I call dibs on this