Welcome to WikivoyageEdit
To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here. Hobbitschuster (talk) 12:44, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
Great that you're adding content to our African articles, Jeanot!
Don't worry about language and formatting - I can understand some French, so if you have any problems just leave a note on my user talk page and I will try and help. BushelCandle (talk) 10:58, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
Routeboxes in Get inEdit
I noticed you've added routeboxes to articles you've edited (example). If you look at any other article here on WV, you notice that if we want to have such boxes in an article, they should preferably be put at the bottom of the article (example). ϒpsilon (talk) 11:49, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- User:Jeanot, any thoughts on this? Your routeboxes look neat, but they're not in keeping with common practice on en.voy. Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:42, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Ikan Kekek,
- I plan to change this. But there is no icon neither for Ethiopian highway (#3) nor for Trans-African Highway (TAH 4). And the Template is not working without icons. The Wikivoyage:Route_icons#Africa list empty for Ethiopia (and for all Africa). Should we use "| image1=US 3.svg"?
- By the way, I copied it from Addis_Ababa#By_car. Should we also change for every place in Ethiopia?
- So for now, I have no solution to propose you :-(. Thanks for you work. --Jeanot (talk) 06:59, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- I see your point. Perhaps it would make sense to put your template in "Go next" without changing it in any way. ϒpsilon, what do you think? Jeanot, thank you very much for your work! Ikan Kekek (talk) 07:05, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
My apologies; I didn't realise we were editing the same page at the same time, or that it was causing edit conflicts for you. I will leave Le Touquet alone for the rest of the evening, if you want to continue working on it. Merci de vos contributions formidables à cet article délaissé ! --ThunderingTyphoons! (talk) 18:25, 30 December 2017 (UTC)
- Hi @ThunderingTyphoons!: No problem, I think I am done with Le Touquet for this evening (UTC+1). I seen the conflict, and I was believing that MediaWiki resolves this properly — but it seems it's not the case with the Listing editor when I seen the museum disappeared twice. Thanks a lot for your great contributions! Hope to work with you again. Best regards, --Jeanot (talk) 18:51, 30 December 2017 (UTC)