To help get you started contributing, we've created a tips for new contributors page, full of helpful links about policies and guidelines and style, as well as some important information on copyleft and basic stuff like how to edit a page. If you need help, check out Help, or post a message in the travellers' pub. If you are familiar with Wikipedia, take a look over some of the differences here.--ϒpsilon (talk) 16:38, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
Copying from WikitravelEdit
Thank you for starting an article on Dujiangyan, but it looks like you copied extensively without credit from this Wikitravel article. Since the editing history shows that article was a whole bunch of people, unless you can assure us very quickly that you wrote all the text now in the Wikivoyage Dujiangyan article on Wikitravel first, it will be necessary to delete the article as both a violation of the copyleft licenses of both sites and because of the fraught history between Wikivoyage and Wikitravel in particular. So please speak up as soon as possible. Thanks.
- After your latest edits, this no longer seems to be a problem. Thanks.
- All the best,
You've being doing a great service to travellers through your numerous edits to articles about places in China, adding content, updating outdated information and doing a lot of great copy editing. Thank you! Ikan Kekek (talk) 06:10, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
You made some good edits in the Jerusalem article, so I'm not reverting them right away, but I hope you are merely in the process of editing the descriptions of other districts and haven't deleted those. Ikan Kekek (talk) 09:44, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
- Indeed. Ar2332 (talk) 10:06, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
- More specifically, since those districts are all part of West Jerusalem, I plan to move them there. Ar2332 (talk) 10:09, 6 May 2016 (UTC)
Thanks again for all the wonderful work you're doing!
I changed the Ben Gurion Airport article's sections to those of the Wikivoyage:Airport article template. Airports have a special template that was developed in the discussions at Wikivoyage talk:Airport Expedition. Those may be longer than you'd want to read, but for some sense of how airport articles have previously been handled, you can have a look at the Guide (and former Starnom) article for O'Hare International Airport and the Guide articles for Heathrow Airport, Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Copenhagen Airport, Manchester Airport and Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Ikan Kekek (talk) 09:17, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
An award for you!Edit
change in isPartOfEdit
- Perhaps then Dead Sea (Israel and the West Bank) should be a region article? Looking at Wikivoyage:Geographical_hierarchy, it seems each city article must be inside a region article, not another city article.
- What is the best way to handle a region which includes one or two major cities/sites which require their own articles, plus many smaller sites which each only require a few lines to describe? If the region uses a "region" template, it seems that specific listings are not recommended. If the region uses a "city" template, it should not include other "city" articles. What's best? Ar2332 (talk) 20:13, 30 June 2016 (UTC)
An award for you!Edit
|The Wikivoyage Barncompass|
|Thanks again for all your work. It is great that you are part of this community. :-) Ceever (talk) 14:20, 26 June 2017 (UTC)|
- Swept in from the pub
On Tel Aviv/South and East, I edited the page to change the banner from custom to default (Jaffa banner2.jpg to Pagebanner default.jpg). But the old custom banner still appears - why? Ar2332 (talk) 19:28, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- Did you check the associated Wikidata item d:Q14236381? It's possible to specify a Wikivoyage banner there. K7L (talk) 20:12, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- Swept in from the pub
- Not quite sure whether this is what you want, but I think you can just look for the category that goes with the region. For instance, if you would want all the articles in the Kansai region, you can look at Category:Kansai. Alternatively you can do the same thing with PetScan, which is useful as you can put in more criteria. Look at this example for instance: . Drat70 (talk) 00:55, 25 August 2017 (UTC)
District map for HyderabadEdit
Hi Ar2332, I saw you went ahead with moving information from the main Hyderabad page to individual district pages. Would you have the time and possibility to create a district map that defines the borders of each district? This would be both very helpful for the traveler since they would know which region each district page covers, and also for editors so that they can help putting the Hyderabad page in a better shape than it currently is. Thanks, Xsobev (talk) 10:20, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- I would love to, but I have no idea what the borders are. There are also big areas that do not seem to be part of any district. I asked the person who originally made the districts, but he doesn't seem to be active anymore. So I don't know how to proceed here. Ar2332 (talk) 10:22, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for your answer. In that case I would say that one option is to ask at a more prominent position (like the Wikivoyage:Travellers' pub) and hope that we can find someone who knows Hyderabad well enough and can create district maps. Xsobev (talk) 10:29, 12 January 2018 (UTC)
Downtown Shanghai editsEdit
I do not think you should be making extensive changes to this article, especially not large deletions, while it is destination of the month. This was discussed at Talk:Shanghai#More_on_districts & consensus was to wait. Pashley (talk) 21:36, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
- I had a look. I agree with Pashley on this. Such large changes should be discussed on the relevant talk pages and require consensus before being made, and I think they should for now be reverted. I also think it's illogical and not a good look for Downtown Shanghai to have no "Districts" section although it is districted. I would restore the section and then its ultimate shape can be debated on the talk page. Ikan Kekek (talk) 22:27, 23 May 2018 (UTC)
- Ikan Kekek, Pashley: I have just reverted the edits and I don't think my reverts have created any duplicate content. We can consider moving some information to Shanghai when this DotM ends. Selfie City (talk) 00:10, 24 May 2018 (UTC)