Wikivoyage:Nordic countries Expedition
|Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden|
Vikings and the Old Norse • History • Sami culture • Winter • Right to access • Boating • Hiking • Cuisine • Music • Nordic Noir
The Nordic countries Expedition is a Wikivoyage Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to improve Wikivoyage's articles pertaining to Nordic countries. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
Article statistics for Nordic countriesEdit
Note that numbers in the tables are not dynamically calculated and must be manually updated. Last updated on 4 July 2021.
Click on number to get an updated list of pages by status. (Note sometime the link just sits there, usually due to the database updating, come back in 10 minutes.)
Remember a reasonable Get In section, as well as listings, is needed to make usable.
We would like to propose the aim of getting all articles to usable status. Yes this is a lot of work but it is doable. In the table above low hanging fruit are in the "needs only" row, these are cities that either just need a listing in one section or need an improved Get in section. Once a good number of these have been enhanced the sub-regions can them be improved and promoted to usable. Would be good to get a "Sleep" listing and content in the "Get in" on every article.
In order to upgrade the Nordic countries to guide status the following articles must be upgraded to usable status:
Key destinations that should be guides but still need some more content and work done on them.
- Hardangervidda and Lofoten were suggested as Other destinations for Europe. Would sure be good for them to be guide.
Other candidates that could with just a little effort be guide status:
Current articles under discussion and work in progressEdit
Articles that are currently being worked on or under discussion such as merge or delete. Or articles you wish to bring to others attention.
Discussions should take place on the talk page of the article, this is just to highlight activity.
- Lolland-Falster - merge sub-regions up to region?
- Hordaland does this need to have sub-regions? If so article need re-organizing? Or better merge up Hardanger?
- Talk:Sunnhordland list of hotels to be moved to articles
- Sunnhordland listing in See section, where is Grovarvn?
- Västerort, Solna and Sundbyberg info on getting to airport needed
- Talk:Gotland#Missing information - discussion of how to improve and divide Gotland. Gotland has been divided into regions. Visby is guide, Karlsöarna, Fårö and Gotska sandön are usable and the three mainland regions outlines, all with attractions but without any Eat or Get around information.
- Sweden - There was a discussion about the regional breakdown.
- A lot of articles, such as Strängnäs and Mariefred, Karlskoga and Degerfors, Hällefors and Grythyttan, and Västervik and Tjust have multiple place names in their title. It has been suggested that we reduce the titles to one place name each.
- Interior (Iceland) - Should it be turned into a "city-article"?
- Should Fagersta and Norberg be merged together into Norbergs bergslag?
- Should Värnamo and Vaggeryd be merged together into Gnosjö region?
- Simrishamn - Merge to Österlen?
- Major towns: -
- To complete regions:
Article ideas and requestsEdit
- Nordic Noir tourism is outline. It should be expanded to include The Killing, The Bridge, Wallander, Pusher, the Carl Hamilton series, and other Swedish crime series
- Scandinavian American Tour in the trails of real-life Swedish, Norwegian and Danish settlers, as well as historical fiction, such as The Emigrants by Vilhelm Moberg.
- SKAM Tour in Oslo
- Södra Kungsleden a small outline has been created
- Tysfjord in Nordland is mentioned at least in Hiking destinations in Norway and Caves, seems worth an article. Created. Still needs Eat and Sleep listings.
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Sleep listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without Eat listing
- Recheck usablecity and usabledistrict without See and Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without See listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Do listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Event listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Drink listing
- Expand usablecity and usabledistrict without Buy listing
- Complete Routebox navigation for major transport routes.
- Create custom page banner image
- Articles with no photographs This takes a few minutes to generate list and suggestions.
- Address Articles needing attention
- Event date needs updating
- Geo zoom needed
- Fix Articles with dead external links
- Fix or remove Articles with formerly dead external links
- Wikipedia-Wikidata check needed if connection can be made
- Articles Geo different to Wikidata, change geo or wikidata coordinates to match
- Create redirect for Airport code without link - (Airports coded)
- Add coordinated to guidecity and guidedistrict See listing without coordinates
- Add coordinated to guidecity, starcity, guidedistrict and stardistrict Listings without coordinates
- region with listing, do they need moving to city articles?
- huge city with listing, do they need moving to district articles?
- Fix external links without text
- Move in to listing where phone icon used, Tel: used, phone: used and + used
- Indented listing not using double bullet format but :*
- Category:Articles needing translation from Swedish
- Tourist attractions in Sweden category
- List of museums in Sweden
- List of national parks of Sweden
- Tourist attractions in Denmark category
- List of museums in Denmark
- List of national parks of Denmark
- Tourist attractions in Finland category
- List of museums in Finland
- List of national parks of Finland
- 24 Mar 2018 - started
- 6 Jun 2019 - Sweden is upgraded to usable status